Painting an Ice Herdstone

sbarnby71

Saw GW are about to release this:

Herdstone

and thought it would make a nice background piece for a Rune Priest if it was painted as though it was made of ice.  I thought about removing the flaming skulls, but then thought maybe it could some kind of wytch fire, painted up in green perhaps then that could be the glow colour in the eye sockets and the runes too.  Anyone got any suggestions on colours?

Sounds like a great idea brother, I have been eyeing up the same piece to use as terrain and also as a turn marker with some magnetized tokens or runes to act as turn counters, I have one of the realm of battle boards painted in a snowy theme and my terrain is too so it should fit right in hopefully ! I was going to go for a slate grey colour for the rock with greeny/blue highlights and liberal use of scenic snow and resin ice effects to tie it into the board, would be great to see some updates on how yours turns out :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great idea brother, I have been eyeing up the same piece to use as terrain and also as a turn marker with some magnetized tokens or runes to act as turn counters, I have one of the realm of battle boards painted in a snowy theme and my terrain is too so it should fit right in hopefully ! I was going to go for a slate grey colour for the rock with greeny/blue highlights and liberal use of scenic snow and resin ice effects to tie it into the board, would be great to see some updates on how yours turns out :thumbsup:

Will keep you posted on the progress, saying that I am the worlds slowest painter - I get distracted by new figures...

Hah! I had the same idea of making it into a feral Fenrisian Shrine of some sort.

Im buying that endless spell set purely for the birds. I need more runepriests...

I had the same Idea.

And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? ;) )

Only thing I wouldn't know what to do with is the storming Bull

Hah! I had the same idea of making it into a feral Fenrisian Shrine of some sort.

Im buying that endless spell set purely for the birds. I need more runepriests...

I had the same Idea.

And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? :wink: )

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a  Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

I had the same Idea.

And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? :wink: )

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

Call it devils advocate but how would a bison be more space wolfy than a bull?

I had the same Idea.

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

Call it devils advocate but how would a bison be more space wolfy than a bull?

Cause you do see Bison in the snow, unlike normal bulls (which I'm sure someone will find a picture of a bull in the snow).

Archived