Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Painting an Ice Herdstone

Space Wolves

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Saw GW are about to release this:

Herdstone
and thought it would make a nice background piece for a Rune Priest if it was painted as though it was made of ice.  I thought about removing the flaming skulls, but then thought maybe it could some kind of wytch fire, painted up in green perhaps then that could be the glow colour in the eye sockets and the runes too.  Anyone got any suggestions on colours?

Edited by sbarnby71, 17 September 2018 - 07:41 AM.

• Konnavaer likes this

Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to be here

Konnavaer

Konnavaer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts

Sounds like a great idea brother, I have been eyeing up the same piece to use as terrain and also as a turn marker with some magnetized tokens or runes to act as turn counters, I have one of the realm of battle boards painted in a snowy theme and my terrain is too so it should fit right in hopefully ! I was going to go for a slate grey colour for the rock with greeny/blue highlights and liberal use of scenic snow and resin ice effects to tie it into the board, would be great to see some updates on how yours turns out thumbsup.gif

• sbarnby71 likes this

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts

Sounds like a great idea brother, I have been eyeing up the same piece to use as terrain and also as a turn marker with some magnetized tokens or runes to act as turn counters, I have one of the realm of battle boards painted in a snowy theme and my terrain is too so it should fit right in hopefully ! I was going to go for a slate grey colour for the rock with greeny/blue highlights and liberal use of scenic snow and resin ice effects to tie it into the board, would be great to see some updates on how yours turns out thumbsup.gif

Will keep you posted on the progress, saying that I am the worlds slowest painter - I get distracted by new figures...

• Konnavaer likes this

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,190 posts

Im buying that endless spell set purely for the birds. I need more runepriests...

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Hah! I had the same idea of making it into a feral Fenrisian Shrine of some sort.

Im buying that endless spell set purely for the birds. I need more runepriests...

I had the same Idea.
And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? ;) )

Only thing I wouldn't know what to do with is the storming Bull

When the Pack runs once again, worlds tremble, enemies die and the Hunt begins!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

Grieux

Grieux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,455 posts
I also purchased the endless spells for the ravens to make it into Njal spell lol.

But damn you now I want to buy 7 of these and make a diorama of Wolfsbane where Russ goes to the Underverse while Bjorn guards.

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts

Hah! I had the same idea of making it into a feral Fenrisian Shrine of some sort.

I had the same Idea.
And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? msn-wink.gif )

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a  Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

Grieux

Grieux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,455 posts
My plan is to graft a thunderwolf head and legs and turn it into an effect for the spirit of freki spell.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,190 posts

I had the same Idea.
And the Horn could make a terrific Mission Objective or Artifact on an Altar or so, with a little work. (The Mead Horn used during Russ' and the Emperor's Drinking Contest? msn-wink.gif )

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

Call it devils advocate but how would a bison be more space wolfy than a bull?

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts

I had the same Idea.

How about adding fur to the storming bull and make it into the spirit of a Bison looking thing - I'm going to do that!

Call it devils advocate but how would a bison be more space wolfy than a bull?

Cause you do see Bison in the snow, unlike normal bulls (which I'm sure someone will find a picture of a bull in the snow).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Wolves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users