Orpheus' Titanicus project.

That's a gorgeous Reaver. Very striking. Don't worry too much about the techniques. Watch a few videos and read some tutorials and then you'll be there.

My main suggestion would be to remember that this is small scale, so keep dust etc limited.

This is very, VERY impressive work! Congratulations, I find very hard to believe this is your first mini! :O

By the way, it looks like Crucus but traitor? What Legio did you go for?

Keep up the good work, really great stuff here!

That's a gorgeous Reaver. Very striking. Don't worry too much about the techniques. Watch a few videos and read some tutorials and then you'll be there.

My main suggestion would be to remember that this is small scale, so keep dust etc limited.

Thank you very much, i'm trying to learn, slowly but learn. Will keep it limited!

This is very, VERY impressive work! Congratulations, I find very hard to believe this is your first mini! :ohmy.:

By the way, it looks like Crucus but traitor? What Legio did you go for?

Keep up the good work, really great stuff here!

It is the first after the very few i painted as a child, without any kind of time put into them.

I atempted to go for Legio Mortis, but dunno if i succeded hehe

Reaver looks superb - very well done!

Gorgeous, very nice work

Thank you all, you are extremely kind :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice work!

i'm not sure about the weathering, i do not dare :sweat: .

You don't have to do it right now if you do not dare yet. First exercise weathering on some other, less important, models (knights maybe?). That is what I will do as, so far, I am feeling much more at ease converting things than painting them.

Hi!

Here it is the first Warlord, i'm not sure about the weathering, i do not dare :sweat: . Some Warhounds coming. 

IMG-20181126-132214.jpg IMG-20181126-132108.jpg IMG-20181126-132039.jpg IMG-20181126-132124.jpg IMG-20181126-132152.jpg

Don't fear weathering, to be honest the white on the head could use it to break up the panel.  Take a tiny piece of sponge (and I've kept plenty of old blister pack foam for this) and just dip it in some paint and sponge it all off on a paper towel like you're drybrushing.  Test it on some paper first and just do a couple of dabs.  Look at it later and decide if you need more, it's really easy to overdo it so go sparingly.

You'll want a lighter color on your dark armor panels but you've done a GREAT job there with shading.  

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I just finished painting the first half of my titans and all the knights. I came of with a new chaotic knight house, "House Ferrum". Basically as you can see it's oxide effect and it is really fast to paint. 

Warhounds weapons are magnetised with 2x1 mm magnets.

The buildings are from 4ground. I have more sets, will post them when finished.

Now to the other warlord, reavers and warhounds.....

ufZq2JR.jpg

wrXc7PY.jpg

wZv5Z8H.jpg

UG6hQun.jpgM3V0aGV.jpg

Impressive. I like the oxide effect on the knights, I would maybe add a bit more contrast, like you did with the exhausts. Maybe some colour on the banners, something slightly different but not overly different, not sure what would be best. Which colours did you use?

The 4Ground buildings are really massive.

Hi and thanks! I really like the 4ground buildings for that, they can hide completely a Warlord behind and are modular.

I do dig your idea of more contrast for the knights. I've been thinking on the banners, some old effect not very striking.

The colors for the Knights are base leadbelcher, typhus corrosion and dry brush of ryza rust.

A mighty force! I particularly like how clean the Titans are compared to the Knights - really great contrast. I'd be tempted to add just some spots of Nihilakh Oxide or another spot colour just to help break up the Knights, but it's bold and effective - so I like it!

Thank you! good idea the Nihilakh Oxide, i have to think about it. I just painted the banners dark red so it's not so uniform.

Cheers!

Oh nice! Yeah, just even some tiny bits in recesses would work as a nice contrast to the banners too :)

Very impressive project there Orpheus, neat work... And the buildings look really cool. But the best thing is the effect on the Knights is really eye-catching! ¨τθ¨

Now time for the decals, no? :biggrin.:

Thank you! Decals yes, time to learn how to haha. Cheers.

Thank you! good idea the Nihilakh Oxide, i have to think about it. I just painted the banners dark red so it's not so uniform.

Cheers!

Oh nice! Yeah, just even some tiny bits in recesses would work as a nice contrast to the banners too :smile.:

Will have to buy the nihilakh, really difficult name hehe. Cheers and thank you!

Archived