SRG’s legio Xestobiax

Hey all! Thought I’d share my progress for my legio Astorum, also known as the Warp Runners.

I’m building a myrmidon maniple, which will look like this when completed.

Warlord Titan

Twin bellicosa volcano cannons

Carapace apocalypse missile launchers

Warlord Titan

Twin Mori quake cannons

Carapace apocalypse missile launchers

Warlord Titan

Macro-Gatling blaster

Arioch power claw

Carapace paired Gatling blasters

Reaver Titan

Laser blaster

Reaver power fist

Carapace apocalypse missile launcher

Reaver Titan

Laser blaster

Gatling blaster

Carapace warp support missile rack

I will also be doing a few knight banners. I’m not sure what house meshes well (both fluff and colour wise) with Astorum. I’m thinking Vyronii or Coldshroud, only because they have transfers already. But I’m open to suggestions!

Pics incoming once I figure out how to load them from my phone!

Yeah imagine all those Warlords splitting fire and first firing, the battlefield will be a crazy place to be...

I tend to think the trick is with the Reavers... the have so much responsibility to keep the big guys from being outflanked, I’d actually keep them behind the Warlords for the entire battle...

Haha call me crazy, but I’m also lining up a venator light maniple!

Made up of the following

Reaver Titan

Carapace apocalypse missile launcher

Volcano cannon

Reaver power fist

Warhound Titan

Plasma blast gun

Vulkan mega Bolter

Warhound Titan

As above

Warhound Titan

Turbo laser destructor

Inferno cannon

Warhound Titan

As above

:p

I really like the idea of a light maniple, I'm waiting for the 'hounds to come out. But I'm also assuming that the first supplement will have a 'hounds only maniple. So will be starting out with four 'hounds. Who needs the big guys? Not sure how two of them will be armed, and I'm planning some sonic weapon conversions.

What was my point? Oh yeah, one of them with mega bolter & inferno cannon and the other with dual plasma blasters. I'm risk averse in real life, so I'm going to live vicariously through tiny plastic versions of giant robots Join me in inflicting carnage on your own god engines!

Very very wip. Please excuse potato quality. It’s just a test pic to test it I can get it to work here from my phone!

D90ETba.jpg

Edit: success! It worked! I’ll take some more pics of what I’ve got assembled so far! I’m picking up the rest of my maniple on Saturday so I can get down to business then!

I realised after I’d assembled it I’d put the feet on the wrong legs... also the little connectors between the feet and lower legs never seem to fit right and impact on how the armour plates sit on the legs. I didn’t have any issues with my warlord though!

I think the reavers feet can be in one position only? I have to check when I assemble mine tomorrow.

great pose, I might have to do something similar (but I dont have those mini tanks so it will be rocks or something something)

I had to check before I go to bed. In the Reaver instructions the feet parts are shown in a wrong position. The small pistons? will not line correctly with the leg part unless the lone toe is facing forward.

edit: but seeing that picture above I might be wrong about it. have to figure it out tomorrow

This is gaining momentum man, I’m very excited t po your unnamed Titans! :D

The Reaver’s toes appear to take Legendary proportions of complexity - I sure know what to look out for when the time comes!

Your Maniple is taking shape nicely!

Name them already!

A thought. I found an old model of a custom sculpted reaver I got a few years ago (pics in coming) painted as legio Xestobiax. It made me wonder if I should re-do what I’ve got done n the purple/white/ gold of Xestobiax or keep with Astorum?

Archived