SRG’s legio Xestobiax

Well, since AT is a new game I personally would like to keep y options open and not commit to one Legio. I mean there is nothing to differentiate the legions other than colour scheme, so for me every Maniple, different Legio.

So Xestobiax. :) or Vulpa... :p

A pity for the difference in scale, because the old sculpt seems quite well made... oh well..

Xestobiax colours look very nice indeed! You can use it as a prototype to test the colour scheme and see if it suits you. If not you have an out-of-scale Xestobiax Reaver. If yes, it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship! :)

So. As the title change implies. I shall be running these as Xestobiax. For a few reasons.

1. I play 1k sons in heresy, so it fits there!

2. There has been issues with funding, so I need to change my maniple to a more Xestobiax setup.

As a result I will be using, for now, gryphonicus rules, to better represent Xestobiax’s preference for reavers and a general disdain for scout class titans. So my maniple will now look like this.

Warlord Titan

Carapace apocalypse missile launchers

Two bellicosa volcano cannons

Warlord titan

Carapace paired laser blasters

Macro-Gatling blaster

Arioch power claw

Reaver Titan

Carapace apocalypse missile launcher

Laser blaster

Reaver power fist

Reaver Titan

Carapace apocalypse missile launcher

Melta cannon

Reaver power fist

Reaver Titan

Carapace warp missile support rack

Volcano cannon

Gatling blaster

As it’s a Friday here, and the kids spend the night at the in-laws on Friday nights I can get some paint on plastic, I shall put the fruits of my labour on display when I finish up for the night!

Not much. But here is a slight update. Son is sick so I didn’t get any time at all to do anything. I managed to get some work done on my reaver, but you can’t really see it due to shoddy kitchen lighting (I do have a sun light somewhere, i’ll have to find it) and I also got around to assembling a knight. Any suggestions on what house he could be? Im thinking either malinax, because of transfers, or possibly vornheer, as quartered yellow and red looks sick! Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

yQ9HpPX.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wait wait wait... epic scale Sicarians? Cataphractii?

What's going on?

Why has my world been turned upside down?

:)

Where did I get them from? Well “I can’t say” :p

I haven’t gotten a lot done since the last update, I’ve been distracted by 28mm WWII models :p but I did manage to figure out where I went wrong with the feet. Idiotically I glued the lower legs on the wrong way around, which is why the armour plates didn’t line up with the feet properly. Oh well. Lesson learned. At least when I get around to doing my Mortis maniple i’ll assemble them correctly!

I know, the Reavers seem to be a bit more tricky than the Warlords... Although I made my said share of mistakes on my Warlord too... :P

Your maniple seems to be getting up to speed though - let's see some pics! 

Archived