Reivers and Intercessors

Marshal Rohr

Does anyone use Reiver Squads to represent crusader squads in the rules? Essentially, you could model Intercessors with chainswords and bolt pistols and have them counts as Reivers?

You'd need a larger pistol, considering they're supposed to be using Heavy Bolt Pistols, but it'd probably work. You can also use their auto-bolt rifles as bolt carbines.

I don’t really mess around with the new weapons since older bolters and pistols are finally in the right scale. If they are trivets their pistols would be understood to be heavy pistols and if they have rifles they’d be intercessors.

Can Reivers ride in Repulsors?

Does anyone use Reiver Squads to represent crusader squads in the rules? Essentially, you could model Intercessors with chainswords and bolt pistols and have them counts as Reivers?

It was a possible thing in my mind... but i decided not to do this because i want to play Reiver Squads too.

You could just give your reiver squads chainswords, they just look better than combat Knies.

I want to play with reivers at some point too. still unsure, what to do with them modeling wise. There are those robed and tabarded kromlech prime bodies.

On the other hand they do Look pretty cool on their own and I want to leave my primaris more 'factory fresh' to show that they are new(ish) to the Eternal crusade

Blood Angels player here, but i've used Reivers a bit.

I think the problem my black armoured brethren will have with them is they don't have much hitting power, the thing that makes crusaders work is the couple of hidden power weapons a squad can have to make up for the chainswords generally poor damage output.

Blood Angels work a little better due to the +1 to wound meaning just a few more saves are forced, which can really make the difference.

Model wise, I love the idea of using intercessor bodies and adding a few tabbards, then giving them chainswords and bolt pistols.

Blood Angels player here, but i've used Reivers a bit.

I think the problem my black armoured brethren will have with them is they don't have much hitting power, the thing that makes crusaders work is the couple of hidden power weapons a squad can have to make up for the chainswords generally poor damage output.

Blood Angels work a little better due to the +1 to wound meaning just a few more saves are forced, which can really make the difference.

Model wise, I love the idea of using intercessor bodies and adding a few tabbards, then giving them chainswords and bolt pistols.

funny thing on that point is

crusader with 1 attack and chainsword makes more damage then the guy with power weapon.

(for example against MEQ)

Power-Sword: 1 A - 0,66 hits - 0,33 wounds -  0,275 - damage per point: 0,016

Chainsword: 2 A - 1,32 hit - 0,66 wounds - 0,220 - damge per point: 0,017

(against Orks)

1 A - 0,66 hits - 0,33 wounds -  0,33 - damage per point: 0,0194

2 A - 1,32 hit - 0,66 wounds - 0,55 - damge per point: 0,042

Its the equation to hurt:

I take the last one for example for you:

Chainsword crusader: 2 Attacks * hitting on 3+ (2/3) * wounding on 4 (1/2) * saving throw on 5+ for the boy ( 1/3 ) = 0.22 dead boyz thanks to 1 fighting crusader

5+  why

orks have 6+ and marines 3+

my equation should be shown that a crusader with chainsword is more efficent then a crusader with power sword.

As I said before in Tide Squads (200ish points) your paying 2% (4pts) for a 2% increase in damage output by the squad. It’s not a question of efficiency, per say. Like yes the 17 point Crusader does less wounds per a point spent. But what isn’t true, is that the 17 point Crusader does less wounds than the 13 point Crusader.

The truth is 17 point Crusader does in fact do more wounds, than 13 point Crusader does. So I always tell people, you should only take a 1A Power Sword, in tide squads only because it becomes ‘efficient’. Or more specifically it makes so it isn’t inefficient.

Its the equation to hurt:

I take the last one for example for you:

Chainsword crusader: 2 Attacks * hitting on 3+ (2/3) * wounding on 4 (1/2) * saving throw on 5+ for the boy ( 1/3 ) = 0.22 dead boyz thanks to 1 fighting crusader

5+  why

orks have 6+ and marines 3+

my equation should be shown that a crusader with chainsword is more efficent then a crusader with power sword.

You need to calculate saves with the anti-thesis, as you consider their save to fail as a success for you to wound.

On a 1 and 2 a 3+ save is failed, that is 2/6 results, so 1/3. That's where the 1/3 comes from.

In the example for the boy the factor for the save would need to be 2/3, as 1,2,3,4 count as succes, hence 4/6 = 2/3 ;) Sounds way more complicated than it actually is, the gist of it is:

If you calculate wounds, take the chance for the wound to NOT be saved.

Archived