Captain Idaho's Axiom Maniple - project incoming

Captain Idaho

Jumping on the bandwagon since there's so much support on this site. Firstly I'd like to discuss my choices and what people think of my choices strategically.

Secondly I'd like to put some pictures up eventually but bear in mind it'll be October before I get my first models (birthday power!).

I haven't settled on a Titan Legion yet. The Legio Praesagius is winning on account of its paint scheme existing but the weapon systems I'm choosing aren't really[/] fluffy. Plus with Apologist making the best looking models in the business I'd like something different.

I'm an Ultramarines player in 40K so my Legio options appear to be Praesagius, Lysander and Oberon. Alas the last 2 don't have a paint scheme described as of yet. I REALLY hope GW lets us know of a list of paint schemes soon.

Onto the list:

Axiom

Warlord - 2× Sunfury Plasma Annihilator and Turbo Laser destructors carapace weapons

Reaver - Carapace Apocalypse Launcher and 2× Melta Cannon

Reaver - Carapace Apocalypse Launcher and 2× Laser Blasters

Warhound - Plasma Blastgun and Vulcan Mega Bolter

Warhound - Plasma Blastgun and Vulcan Mega Bolter

The idea in the list is to get in close enough for for my lighter engines to strip shields and line up kill shots for my Warlord. He has a real chance of over heats so will rarely fire both Plasma Annihilators on Maximal but if in the green and there's an un-shielded Warlord in front of him I actually fancy my chances of killing it off with his 12 shots!

The Reaver with the double Melta is also there to assist in engine killing. A cheap Warlord if you will.

Ooh nice I like them loadouts and yay for October birthday power! I am interested in seeing the schemes for Lysander and Oberon too. I keep adding a Reaver Titan to my basket then removing it but the call of the titan warhorn is strong! What weapon systems were unfluffy for Praesagius by the way? I need to reread their fluff in Tempest. 

Edited by Reyner

An October guy too? :tu:

So you’re going for an Axiom then...

I really need to get home and look on the various weapons stats but the strategy is sound. Just don’t expect to ever have the option of an enemy Warlord going without shields while you’re on the green. If it happens, go buy a lottery ticket to cash out that luck of yours! :D

My approach would be less situational but as I said, I’ll look at the weapons’ stats and revert. I’m not going to be painting anyway tonight, it’s paint stripping time!

As for the choice of Legio, well you can go for Praesagius OR you can make a departure from the basic coloration of the Ultras (that I’m sure you’ve done to death) and move to something completely different *he says in a John Cleese voice*. Also. Loyalist and Traitor for this game is just a colour scheme - no extra modelling or spikes. Which means that if you want your Mortis to be loyal, all you have to do is say it’s early Crusade! :P

I was thinking about the -1 to hit on the Laser Blasters at long range and the positives of a modifier to shield saves for the Laser Destructors. Nothing too out there but also fluff for Legio Praesagius favours them.

Basically the Legio prefers weapons a little less indiscriminate as they see it as dishonourable to cause unnecessary collateral damage.

Not to say there weren't engines who had such weapons but it was a trend I'd like to lean towards.

@ Semper: I should declare you a heretic right here! How can I not be a permanent loyalist?

Seriously though, if Ultramarines ever find themselves in epic I'd like the appropriate Titan Legion in support.

Die hard Ultras fan!

Yes I doubt I'd ever have a green plasma reactor after turn one but you never know lol. Besides that, I can always NOT fire the Turbo Laser destructors one turn...

I'm an Ultramarines player in 40K so my Legio options appear to be Praesagius, Lysander and Oberon. Alas the last 2 don't have a paint scheme described as of yet. I REALLY hope GW lets us know of a list of paint schemes soon.

Keeda had survived the death of her Titan, murdered by a Lysanda Reaver in black and white that killed them without looking twice.

‘What Legio walks against us? The markings resemble several–’
‘Oberon,’ Keeda replied. ‘Orange and black striping, and the sigil of the cleaved crown. It’s the Legio Oberon – whatever dregs survived the Calth muster.’

Aaron Dembski-Bowden, 'Betrayer'

I never even thought of rereading that book!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Orange with black stripes... Legio Oberon I guess is tiger striped. Might be hard for me to pull off but I'll think about it. Chevrons perhaps?

Black and white colour scheme of Lysanda would be very different to what I've painted before and likely something I could pull off.

Hmm. Much to ponder...

Edited by Captain Idaho

Orange with black stripes... Legio Oberon I guess is tiger striped. Might be hard for me to pull off but I'll think about it. Chevrons perhaps?

Black and white colour scheme of Lysanda would be very different to what I've painted before and likely something I could pull off.

Imagine hazard striping, but orange instead of yellow. I changed Ignatum yellow stripes and red for orange on this art.

iptGzwR.jpg

You can use it for your Titans. Paint other parts in black or orange. I think this scheme is awesome. :smile.:

Lysanda scheme is basically Crucius.

Edited by RedFurioso

This could look brilliant with black.

http://scale75.com/en/fantasy-games-range/370-decay-black.html

I dont have personal experience with that colour but I have few of their paints and they are brilliant. Both with airbrush and normal brush.

That's a nice colour.

Stop making my decision so hard lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I recently had my October birthday and am now the proud owner of a Warlord and a Reaver. Planning to grab some Warhounds too at some point. I like Praesegius, but am thinking Atarus as I don't paint red very often and I want to try and give it a deep red, almost cracked effect, sort of like Renaissance paintings. The bone should be relatively easy though.

My original Epic titans were blue though to suit the chapter full of Ultramarines I had back then. Happy times!

Well, I recently had my October birthday and am now the proud owner of a Warlord and a Reaver. Planning to grab some Warhounds too at some point. I like Praesegius, but am thinking Atarus as I don't paint red very often and I want to try and give it a deep red, almost cracked effect, sort of like Renaissance paintings. The bone should be relatively easy though.

My original Epic titans were blue though to suit the chapter full of Ultramarines I had back then. Happy times!

Next February will be interesting ;)