Parweke's AT plog - Mortis & Atarus

Parweke

okay, we are back in action.

unfortunately im out of action, got a nasty cold...

I made some progress during the time the site was down.

received my missing leg piece from gw, got my magnets too. first he replacement ones arrived and then the original ones. they were missent to Canada and arrived to my address about 7 weeks after the dispatch date.

I did put some of them on, reaver arms are tricky and I need a bigger drill to do them.

also started the bases, painted couple of heads and bought second reaver

thats about it, will post few pics soon

good to be back :)

Right, did some mistakes yesterday, trying to correct them today (might include some fist stripping)

couldnt decide what red to use for the panels, went with scarlett red : bloody red 50:50 mix (vallejo game air paints)

washed it with agrax and then a 3-4 thin layers of the red mix.... looks really bad...and too dark

also sprayed all of the armour panels of the two warlords and one reaver black while still on the sprue but forgot to check if there were any moldlines

was so angry at myself so I quit working.

now im ready to try again. I think im going to use different red this time and strip the panels I painted last night.

also used some masking tape to make stripes to the gun shields, those are so small so they will most likely look bad aswell.

did some work with the bases, martian iron earth and washes, atleast they look okay, i guess :)

Sounds like like a lot of activity even if progress is erratic...

When you get angry the best thing is to stop - keep working and things will always become worse...

If you have any pics feel free to share. :)

http://i.imgur.com/JmXvrWI.jpg

now the red looks better, I tried to paint over the stripes but it just looks worse now.

when the varnish is dry I will paint the stripes again. this time by hand

mep:cusson red air is a crap paint. doesnt cover and dries to a very different tone of red.

luckily the gloss varnish brings it back to a brighter red

edit: reds tone might be somthing to do with the word bearers red I used as a base coat, it dries to a very light, cold brownish colour when airbrushed.... I dont know

Edited by Parweke

colour I use for the panel trims is bright brass (vallejo air) a very thin paint and needs many layers to cover the colour underneath...

should I use some thicker metallic colour as a base layer? like retributor gold? or maybe leadbelcher?

only small update today, sprayed warlords torso and weapons black (it was, and still is, nice weather outside)

and started building my second Reaver (and noticed that the feet on the first one are on the opposite legs, D'oh!)

http://i.imgur.com/AmtACgt.jpg

yeah reaver legs seem to be tricky; the feet have spacific left/right placement, but the upper and lower legs are the same for both sides, with the difference being made in which way you place the two together(I know I put a leg together, went "oh crap I put this together as a left leg instead of a right", panicked, flipped it around before the glue set, then realized I had it the right way around the first time and swapped it back again.)