k0nahrik’s World Eaters ‘Fifteen Fangs’ - Kill Team

k0nahrik

starting mine over and STEALING THISSSS!!!!

Very nice work on the fingers with the GS, I think over all your GS work is nice and clean and I like the subtle helmet work especially.

@Betrayer feel free to steal away xD!

@doghouse Cheers man! I’m very proud of the helmet, went back and forth on a lot of options when trying to decide on what to use as it’s a really important feature of Ukris to nail. Grafting Ravager Draznicht’s helmet onto another head was a welcome challenge and a lot of fun.

Lheor is looking fantastic so far! The WE icon grafted to his abdomen is a great little touch. I would, however, argue against adding a bayonet to the heavy bolter: None of Lheor's appearances in the books make any mention of an addition like that and, more importantly, the weapon is already long enough as is, and I believe any kind of underslung blade would just make it look even more unwieldy -- the only part that I suppose could work would be one of those FW underslung mini-axes for bolters. But I think the chainaxe maglocked to his back is really enough representation of his CC abilities ;)

Thank you! I had toyed with the idea of the chain-bayonet but I’m not a huge fan of them or the shape. Glad you like him!

So here he is now, in his fully assembled, pre-painted glory.

THGUbZR.jpg

4GYKfAs.jpg

I toyed with the idea of a bayonet in the form of a CSM knife but in the end Kraut made the right call, it never looked right, and when it did, it wasn’t functional (the curve of the blade was actually causing it to block the barrel).

Cheers for comments! Standard bearer should be finished sometime next week. I also plan to re-photograph everyone with my updated picture set up. Once they’re all finished I can put in a group-shot and then get started on the painting!

Damn! I never realised how perfect the Night Raptor bodies were for World Eaters. I might have to look into getting some to use with my Sons of Horus. Nicely done :tu:

Cheers kizz! I’m a big fan of your SoH, and I think the Night Raptors would look awesome. The trophy head and bone details would work well too. The only issue is the shoulders and upper arm is moulded onto the torso. But it’s a pretty simple fix!

Fantastic work! Glad to be of help! :)

Thanks man!

So today I finally finished the Kill Team and got them all photographed with my updated setup. Here they all are -

First up is the man himself Lheorvine Ukris

THGUbZR.jpg

Next, the second in command, Murzdrak Carnivon

RBm0NJc.jpg

Standard bearer, Ocratus Skral

HlUZkEw.jpg

Kraton Marduk

aHcovD7.jpg

Lirrak Vharr

5jUn37f.jpg

Anton Tarnus

oCaYSvG.jpg

Vormir Helgann

swQFZ1n.jpg

Kurdzok Moravus

c0g4hem.jpg

And at last a groupshot.

Ou5lpip.jpg

I’m a slow painter but hopefully over the coming months I’ll be able to get these all painted. I’ve heard from GW staff that the plan with white dwarf is to release new Kill Team rules each month - with any luck, they’ll release rules for World Eaters.

C&C welcome, let me know what you think.

Cheers for looking!

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the responses everyone! I’ve been away from this project for a while focusing on other stuff (mostly over in my ‘Random’ WIP thread) but I’m planning to come back and have all these guys painted up by the end of the year.

Today I’ve only come with a minor update - following the announcement of Shadowspear, I knew there was one small change I had to make. Yesterday I went halves on the box with a friend and came away with the chaos half of the box and was able to realise my vision:

tA6UR9W.jpg

A simple swap to Ukris’ backpack for a modified Master of Possession one. Took off all the flaming skulls and was left with a skull-vented backpack a lot nicer than the old metal Khârn one I had originally used, which is starting to show it’s age. It’s a small tweak but one I feel makes a world of difference.

Let me know what you think, hopefully soon I’ll find the time to get some paint on these guys and play a proper game of kill team with them. Cheers for looking!

The Master of Possession's backpack is an amazing bit. I'm using it unmodified for my World Eaters Dark Apostle because it fits.

The conversion looks really nice, but just seeing it from the back doesn't give a good view of the whole model, y'know? ;)

Archived