Lord Uglor Does Gryphonicus

Lord Uglor

@ Fajita Fan - Thanks!  I like the look of yours, I think you've done a great job with them.  Had I scratched them myself, I don't think mine would have looked so good.

@ Mandragola - Thanks!  You're in luck, I just started a thread in the WiP section called Lord Uglor Does Imperial Fists.  First post is about the Centurions.

• 4 months later...

Hello all!  It's definitely been a little while since I've done anything with small stompy robots.  I've been doing hobby stuff, but in the Necromunda realm ( the thread Lord Uglor Does Necromunda documents those forays).

The release of Shadow and Iron, and the Warbringer-Nemesis class, have brought me back in!

I present to you Ingens Mentula, my first W-N class titan.  I have fully magnetized weapons.

NemesisFront.jpg

NemesisLeft.jpg

NemesisRear.jpg

NemesisRight.jpg

This is the first of 2 of these.  I had been working on and off on making the Conversion Beam Cannons for my Porpherions, but have since found Vanguard miniatures excellent version and I have ordered some of them.

Hopefully, it won't be as long between posts.

@ Sherrypie - Thanks!

@ Fajita Fan - Thanks!  Do you mean with the cylinder loader?  Aside from that, and the pivot point, they're virtually identical.

@ Mendi Warrior - Thanks!

I've got a second W-N coming on Saturday, and am currently printing something on my resin printer that will go with it.

@ Fajita Fan - Thanks, and I do hope you get your printer up and running again.

@ Mendi Warrior - Thank you!

So today something finally came in the mail.  I was so pleased that I had to immediately finish my Porphyrion!

PorpherionF.jpg

PorpherionL.jpg

PorpherionR.jpg

Simple conversion, and better looking than what I was designing myself.  That is all I have for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Been mulling over my second Warbringer pose, and working more on Necromunda, but I've managed to finish off a couple more buildings.  Can never have too much scenery.

Warbringer for scale.

CrossBuilding.jpg

BustedBuilding.jpg

Got two weeks off for March break, so I'm hoping to get the second W-N class done, and perhaps a bit more on my long gestating beetleback Warlord.

• 1 month later...

@ Mendi Warrior - Always the problem with this hobby is storage, regardless of whether miniature or scenery. :biggrin.:

Well, it's been a little bit since I've posted here.  I've been doing a lot of Necromunda painting as of late, but finished this off today.  No name yet, and his second main weapon isn't finished yet, but they are magnetized and swappable.

Warbringer2F.jpg

Warbringer2R.jpg

Warbringer2L.jpg

I gave him a bit more of an aggressive stance, as if actually firing the Volcano Cannon.

Let me know what you think.

@ Mendi Warrior - Always the problem with this hobby is storage, regardless of whether miniature or scenery. :biggrin.:

Absolutely true … even though they are small in size … they are many in numbers :biggrin.:

Very cool Warbringer, I like its firing stance, the conversion is cool.

For the magazines, my guess is they are 3D printed. I think the basis of the old Cities of Death ornamented buttresses could be used for a conversion.

@ Mandragola - Thanks!  Mendi Warrior is indeed correct, they are 3D printed.  I found them as part of a set with the Bellicosa VC on thingiverse.  I had originally thought of using a spare plastic VC cannon I had and the pivot carraige of the Quaje Cannon theat the Warbringer comes with, but I wanted to change the mgazine as well and had no idea what I thought it should look like.  A chance find saved me a kot of headache, and because I didn't cannabilize my Quahe cannon, i can just swap them as needs be.

@ Mendi Warrior - Thanks!  As far as scenery goes, before I moved to Reno, I used to live in a suburb of Toronto.  Basements are a way of life there, not so much here in Reno.  I had almost an entire basement there for my hobby, 1400sq ft!  I had a permanently set up 4x8 gaming table, storage of scenery in two levels underneath, tons of wall space with shelves for more scenery.  When I moved, I had to leave 99% of it behind.  It was a sad day.  I now make use of large plastic bins that roll under beds, or store in closets.  Not ideal, but until I can contract my own house to be built here (mayhaps one day) with a large basement, I must make do.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a bit, but I've not been idle.

Having been inspired by Fajita Fan's Ordinatus, I set about making my own version.  I had the file from my Warbringer's BVC, so I printed one, and designed around it.  Using tinkercad, I made a fairly basic chasis, with my intent being to greebly it up with bits and bobs from Mechanicus kits.  This was just the print without any additions as of yet.

Odinatus_WIP.jpg

As well, I had a chance to finish off my Classic Plasma Cannon.

Plasma_Cannon_WIP.jpg

I will only use it in games at home, where I've been toying with using the old rules of mixed carapace, or even no carapace weapons, resulting in a slight boost to speed if there are none.  I think AT18 lost a little something by omitting these rules.  Fine game, great models, but I liked the customization of the first edition.

As well, I set up a Thingiverse account, LordUglor, where I've uploaded a few of my designs for Titanicus, and one for Necromunda.  Enjoy!

@ Fajita Fan:  Thanks!  I think yours looks a lot more accurate to the original model.  I was just trying to make use of an extra print I had laying about, and it really isn't much, but I thank you again for your praise!  I'll get more pics up once it's finished.

@ Interrogator Stobz- Thanks!