Pask/Tank Commander Decorations?

Wassa

Has anyone decorate their Tank Commanders or Pasks Hand of Steel Leman Russ to be different from the others?

Maybe with special stripes down the side or gold aquilas/trims?

Though I'm in two mindsets about it as I've magnetised the commanders/pask in case I don't want one, and I'm not sure if I want them to be an even more obvious target to be shot!

It's a great opportunity to add some bits and fancy pants to a Russ, but as you said it can easily be done with paint too :smile.: For tank commanders I like the idea of a commander in the cupola - sort of the tank version of not wearing your helmet :tongue.: I also used the old command sprue to add the aquila shaped communication array (magnetised of course) to help the commander stand out more:

gallery_30308_10714_154786.png

I think this is enough so I've not gone with any different paint (also means I can detach the array and use it as a normal Russ easily). If you did go with the paint route I don't think different coloured markings and/or trims would work as well as something like a stripe, or HQ markings.

i wouldn't worry about standing out either, he'll do that plenty when he starts deleting enemy units :wink:

What is this old command sprue?

I keep seeing leman russes with that giant aquila but can never figure out where it comes from!

Ah found it, the "Vehicle Upgrade Frame".

Annoying that it comes with a small part for all the factions, wonder if there are any cheaper offcuts on ebay.

I also go with the commander in the cupola, and because I have headswapped all the officers in my guard army to have dragoon helmets, he gets one of those too to make him stand out. (Don’t ask how he fits it when he sits back down in the tank! Maybe he takes it off...?)

I also stripe all of the tanks in my armored company on the turret and add numbers to the back of the turret. My counts-as Pask, whom I call Markov, has his name lettered onto the front of his Russ, too. The rest of them just get numbers, no names.

I checked my camera roll but sadly don’t have any pics of the setup (may add in later).

Archived