How many armies does the average b&c frater have?

Axineton

Undivided Chaos Space Marines (Dusk Raiders), Nurgle Chaos Daemons, Khornate Dark Mechanicus (Court of Bone), Tzeentchian Primaris Chaos Space Marines (Court of Sorcery), Space Marines (Sons of Garro), Tyranids (Hive Fleet Chimaera), and the Kabal of the Emerald Skull (Dark Eldar).

Note that this is after selling a bunch of my half-assed armies. I have a problem.

I've got around 650 points of Raven Guard painted with another 1000 points or so assembled awaiting paint. I've also got maybe 500 points of Guard from back in the day (including the old metal Stormtroopers and Kasrkin which are being repurposed for Kill Team), the Chaos half of the Dark Vengeance box (which is being repurposed for Kill Team) and a T'au Kill Team of 3 Stealth Suits and one box of Fire Warriors.

There's also a lot of WFB stuff in my garage including about 2000 points of High Elves (including 30 odd metal Swordmasters) and a smattering of Dwarves, Wood Elves, and Empire.

It feels like a lot of stuff to me, but comparing it to some of the posts above it's barely anything!

Guest MistaGav

16k Dark Angels Successor chapter (Angels of Absolution)
5k Custodes

5k Imperial knights

2k Deathwatch

1.5k Mixed imperium stuff

I feel like I've got too much but it's hard to get rid of any and it's even harder to stop!

Oh dear, I need to remind myself what I have

Night lords

Iron Warriors

Ultramarines

Black Templars

Iron snakes

Mechanicus

Imperial guard

Knights

Orks

Tau

Eldar

Necrons

Iron Warriors

Daemons

These are my forces that are over 1000 points, ive got other smaller forces that can be used as allies etc

My primary army is Blood Ravens space marines.  I usually use Raven Guard chapter tactics with them.  I also have a Grey Knights army that unfortunately hasn't seen much play in a long time.  I have both a Tau Army and a Mechanicus army in progress as well... and I built a small Black Templars force for Knightfall 2018.

The way this thread is going I think we’re gonna have to ask who has the most total points with all their armies combined lol

They have a few guys around the board who have armies in the tens of thousands of points...

Huh, I never posted in this.

I've got:

Blood Angels

Orks

Retired, I also have Space Wolves (3rd/4th edition) and my old Blood Angels (4th-6th).

Yeah... The more I think about it... I either have only a few large conglomerate armies... Or a WHOLE bunch of little armies. Hahah

Imperium of man

Chaos

Misc xenos

Or...

Black Templars >120 marines

Blood Angels ≈50 marines

Dark Angels ≈25 marines

Vlka Fenryka =2

A handful of Imperial/Crimson Fists

Astra Militarum, PDF Acadie. ≈150

Imperial Knights 2 (will convert armour plates to be magnetized and swappable for loyalist vs renegade heraldry and other visual cues)

Adeptus Mechanicus TBD

Excommunicate Traitoris

Iron Warriors ≈50

Word bearers ≈20

Renegades and heretics, Abhuman Auxiliary Militia ≈30

Renegades and heretics, Cult of the Primal Truth ≈30

Renegade knights 2 (will convert armour plates to be magnetized and swappable for loyalist vs renegade heraldry and other visual cues)

"Biologis Hereticus" (Def heretical, not always quite "biological" lol)

Necrons ≈20

Orks ≈30

Tau ≈10

Craftworld Eldar ≈12

Genestealers (literally) = 57

Other tyranids =4

Genestealer cultists ≈40

Hidden Content

Bretonnians ≈ 30 knights, ≈120 peasants

Dwarfs ≈100

Orcs >100

Night goblins >100

(my bros chaos warriors I have access to and help him with is over 100 now aswell... Yikes)

• 2 months later...

Just wondering how many armies people play here? I have an Ultramarines army and I’ve just finished up a deathwatch fortis kill team and fancy building a deathwatch army plus I do have a thing for the genestealer cults and want an army of them too.

So my mind has changed since I posted this. I still have the Ultramarines but I’m not going for a deathwatch army now. I’m in the process of building and painting the White Consuls 3rd company but after this project I think I may move away from the imperium for a bit. I was looking at Drukhari but I wasn’t really feeling them. I’m interested in Tau and I love the Adeptus Mechanicus (not really moving away from the imperium though is it!)

I also have a small kill team of Death Guard and I also have the Dark Imperium set of DG that I can build and I’ve been getting the conquest issues with the DG bits in when their released too.

On the non 40k side I’m interested in Skaven lately and may look at AOS and also LOTR later in the year oh and also Blood Bowl too.

In terms of full, playable painted armies I have

~4k points worth of Black Templars

~1k points of Space Wolves (soon to be brought to 2k)

~1.5k point of loyalist/pre-heresy Thousand Sons.

and then a few odds and ends (an inquisitor, a priest, sisters of silence and custodes from the prospero box)

Have you considered making a poll?

I have:

Blood Angels

Omega Marines

Iron Warriors

Thousand Sons

Chaos Daemons

Eldar

Tyranids

Plus a bunch of necrons, orks and harlequins on sprues.

In the world that was I had

Chaos

Dark Elves

Undead

Skaven

I have:

Blood Angels

Omega Marines

Iron Warriors

Thousand Sons

Chaos Daemons

Eldar

Tyranids

Chaos

Dark Elves

Undead

Skaven

I don't think a poll would give as many informations as the posts. Like what would you include as answers? An option for all the different factions would give you an overview about how many players/collectors each faction has but doesn't say anything about how many armies people play. An option for how many armies people play would give you that information but wouldn't tell you what kind of armies they play/collect. A perfect poll would include an option for each possible army combination up from one army up to all armies but damn that would be a ridiculous amount of options lol

I have:

Blood Angels

Omega Marines

Iron Warriors

Thousand Sons

Chaos Daemons

Eldar

Tyranids

Chaos

Dark Elves

Undead

Skaven

Nope not even considered it and wouldn’t know how too.

Depends on how you count it... If you count simply by races, then 3:

• Space Marines
  • Imperial Guard
  • Orks

If you count it by races where you actually have enough models to form a valid, decently functional army list, then only 1, the Space Marines.

My Orks are my oldest miniatures and I barely have enough to make them into anything even remotely useful. My Space Marines are the next oldest and are the only force I consider to be a valid army as I actually have enough of a range of units to build functional lists from them. The Imperial Guard are newest, and again I don't currently have enough of them to actually build a decently functional list from them.

I will soon be adding Death Guard to the list as well, as I have subscribed to the Conquest magazine series.

Archived