How many armies does the average b&c frater have?

Axineton

My current armies:

3/40k

~3k HH space wolves

~3k Dark eldar

~3k Imperial soup (deathwatch primaris, custodes, guard, inquisition)

Small GSC army, to be filled out with new releases

Starting a Chaos list, largely to play killteam with a variety of factions, to be filled out with new releases and Emperor's Children

Very small necron killteam, might expand to a 1k list

AoS

Large Dark elves army, hoping for a combined codex at some point

~1k Freeguild

~1.5k Sylvaneth (the only army that has any paint on it!)

I'm much better at building and converting than painting, but looking to improve once I have some spare time

I have a bunch, but I've been in the GW hobby for just about twenty years and I've never sold off a project, just repurposed. So I have

- Almost a company of badly painted ph Emperor's Children from back before preheresy was even a thing, complete with the old rhinos to carry them.

- A half painted Ultramarines first company.

- About 2k pts of newly painted Lamenters.

- About 2.5k pts of Custodes.

- A really big IG army that got big enough that painting more infantry was pointless, which then spun off into a second IG army. 250+ infantry plus more tanks than I ever want to paint.

- A good chunk of converted trucks and infantry to be built into something when codex:GSC drops.

- An elite IG regiment that Counts-as sisters of battle (guardsdudes in power armour with Bolters, etc).

- One painted Knight, two painted helverins, and three questoris still on sprues that could make an army when I get around to them.

- Oh yeah, over 100 metal Valhallans I picked up cheap used.

- A couple hundred Marines that are either unbuilt, need stripping, or aren't currently dedicated to a project.

- Ditto on a bunch of Marine vehicles ranging from rhinos to raiders to speeders.

You know when I list it all off it sounds like I have a problem...

Edit: duh, I also have about 1500±pts of murderclowns I've been working on currently in my plog.

You know when I list it all off it sounds like I have a problem...

Phil Kelly

I swear at about 9:31-9:32 in this, you can hear Phil Kelly say "3rd Addicti... 3rd Edition"

Which quite honestly is both REALLY up-front from someone in GW, and top-notch hysterical funny. I had to replay it for the Missus and her response was "Well, it's not called plasti-crack for nothin'."

;) :lol:

You are not alone in this, Kinstryfe, we're here for you. :D

At least I'm not alone in this boat... (I'll have to list mine off tomorrow)

I don't have many armies, but some of them have lots in it - 

-40K Chaos Marines (Black Legion and Dark Imperium DG) - More than 5000, less than 10,000...

-40K Chaos Daemons (Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch) - 3000 ish?

-40k Space Wolves - Less than 4000.

-40k 3rd ed Blood Angels (Not alot, my dad painted these for me as a kid so I'll always keep them.

-40k 3rd ed Tau - Not alot, my dad painted these for me as a kid so I'll always keep them.

AoS Stormcast - 2000

AoS Death - 4000

AoS Slaves to Darkness - 4000

LotR - Too many...

And I do want more. On dear. 

Well, it's less "multiple armies" and more "an assortment of every flavour of Chaos". And then some AdMech. That I'm converting to be DarkMech, so even more Chaos.

I did start with Nids though, I still have some of them around somewhere. Then I had a very brief Ork period, which wasn't really an army, more like a couple of Ork conversions that felt cool. And for WFB I did have a Skaven army. Maybe if they do something snazzy with Skaven for AoS I'll pick them up again.

I have

A Demi company of Marines with some extra bits and pieces

Imperial guard

Space Wolves

A patrol of Primaris Raptors

Genestealer Cult

A knight Paladin with two Armigers

A Tau killteam

The parts for an Ad Mech killteam

And then a few other odds and ends, Celestine, a group of Inquisitors and henchmen, some Assassins, Cawl, and the odd Grey Knight

16 armies in 40k that are 3000+ points, plus another 4 under 2000.

11 armies in AoS that are big.

8 BFG fleets.

...I'll show myself out...

Looks at your collection, looks at mine, looks at yours, tries not to cry... tries to find the ninja cutting onions

I have

5500 points of space wolves

2000 points of primaris

1000 points of deathwatch

2200 points of thousand sons

2500 points of craftworld eldar

Been collecting since 3rd edition Eldar were my first army space wolves are my favorite (my primaris are wolves as well I just wanted to make a new chapter and don't like mixing the ranges.

As far as 40k ones in the order they came

-Imperial fists (main one),tactical squads alone would put me well above 2k points,should redo the math but i'm probably in the 5-7k range total

-Biel-Tan eldars (rarely touched and mostly unexpaneded upon since GW refuses to redo aspect warriors),should still be in the 1500-2k points range but i've not done the math on it in forever

-Hawkshroud knights (i've been a fantasy bretonnian player since 95...With that gone i caved just to fill the knightly void),2k points

Used to have 3 WHFB armies (Bretonnia as mentioned/WE/Dwarves) but i've not moved on to AoS (i bought a box of new Sylvaneth stuff but the drive just isn't there)

Have you considered making a poll?

I have:

Blood Angels

Omega Marines

Iron Warriors

Thousand Sons

Chaos Daemons

Eldar

Tyranids

Plus a bunch of necrons, orks and harlequins on sprues.

In the world that was I had

Chaos

Dark Elves

Undead

Skaven

I don't think a poll would give as many informations as the posts. Like what would you include as answers?

The question was "how many armies do you have?" - numerical responses from 0 - 10+ would make sense and answer the question.

I have no armies, per se. I could run a Space Marines army using the models I've collected and painted, though it would look a bit odd since they're not all in the same colour scheme.

I could run a Kill Team or two with my Chaos models except that neither Raptors nor Scarab Occult Terminators are legal in that game, as far as I know.

I have no armies, per se. I could run a Space Marines army using the models I've collected and painted, though it would look a bit odd since they're not all in the same colour scheme.

I could run a Kill Team or two with my Chaos models except that neither Raptors nor Scarab Occult Terminators are legal in that game, as far as I know.

I found taryzn

Have you considered making a poll?

I have:

Blood Angels

Omega Marines

Iron Warriors

Thousand Sons

Chaos Daemons

Eldar

Tyranids

Plus a bunch of necrons, orks and harlequins on sprues.

In the world that was I had

Chaos

Dark Elves

Undead

Skaven

I don't think a poll would give as many informations as the posts. Like what would you include as answers?

The question was "how many armies do you have?" - numerical responses from 0 - 10+ would make sense and answer the question.

And would also be quite boring.

16 armies in 40k that are 3000+ points, plus another 4 under 2000.

11 armies in AoS that are big.

8 BFG fleets.

...I'll show myself out...

Sounds like you're living the dream to me.

You'd think so, but when you move it's a MAJOR headache haha.

30k:

Space Marines, 4000 points (they've been waiting 2+ years now for me to finally settle on a legion to paint them up as, bless 'em)

Aeronautica Imperialis:

Imperials, 500 points

Orks, 250 points

Tau, 100 points

And some other abandoned or forgotten projects from years gone by that no longer (or never did) constitute an army. Most recently I have a nice little Dark Mechanicus force that will probably end up as a kill-team due to lack of time and funds.

5k Points Imperial Guard

4k Points Space Marines (Old Marines are Salamanders, Primaris are Silver Templars)

2.2k Points - Knights

2k Points - Adeptus Custodes

2k Points - Harlequins

2k Points - Necrons

2k Points - Tau

c. 1k Points - Assorted Imperium

Archived