Upcoming FAQ and chapter approved.

Trollbeard

Hey guys just wonderoing if any of you expect to see changes at all to the demons codex?

I expect something will happen with demon princes and the rule of three beta rule atm.

I would like to see greater demons come down in price a little, a 5++ on most of them is not super survivable. I also think a GUO should be T8, I don’t think it makes sense that it’s as tough as the other greater demons from a fluff perspective.

Just my two cents, what do you guys think will get changed and what are some wishlist items you would like??

Expected changes for daemons...  None.

Wishlist:

1. Bloodcrushers of Khorne should be like t6 or t7 with a 3+ save for their cost.  They are currently too flimsy and can get erased by just about any shooting.

2. All greater daemons getting 4++ save and the GUO getting T8.  How is a greater nurgle daemon only t7 golly gee?

3.  I'd really like to see the Keeper or Secrets get -1 to hit or be t7 16w 4++.  Atm she is too fragile even at her lower cost.  

Expected changes for daemons... None.

Wishlist:

1. Bloodcrushers of Khorne should be like t6 or t7 with a 3+ save for their cost. They are currently too flimsy and can get erased by just about any shooting.

2. All greater daemons getting 4++ save and the GUO getting T8. How is a greater nurgle daemon only t7 :cuss?

3. I'd really like to see the Keeper or Secrets get -1 to hit or be t7 16w 4++. Atm she is too fragile even at her lower cost.

I'll never get over Slannesh not getting a double move spell/ability. Every brand of eldar has it, CSM have it and tyranids have a bunch of similar tricks. Slannesh totally deserve a double move.

Wishlist:

1. Bloodcrushers of Khorne should be like t6 or t7 with a 3+ save for their cost. They are currently too flimsy and can get erased by just about any shooting.

2. All greater daemons getting 4++ save and the GUO getting T8. How is a greater nurgle daemon only t7 :censored:?

3. I'd really like to see the Keeper or Secrets get -1 to hit or be t7 16w 4++. Atm she is too fragile even at her lower cost.

I'll never get over Slannesh not getting a double move spell/ability. Every brand of eldar has it, CSM have it and tyranids have a bunch of similar tricks. Slannesh totally deserve a double move.

Hysterical frenzy is an extra movement ability.. and its awsome when it works.  Would be nice if it was warp charge 6 or 7.  8 is kind of bad.  

Totally agree with bloodcrushers... mine just never hit the table in 8th cause bloodletters seem more efficent for the points

I dont mind them being fragile but not at that point cost

I honestly never consider using GDs so yes I'm forced to agree

I'd prefer bloodcrushers got better than cheaper.  They are only slightly more durable than bloodletters which seems wrong to me.  A juggernaut is should be nearly as sturdy as a dreadnought.  S6, T6, 3W, 3+, 5++, same cost, done.  

Wishlist:

2. All greater daemons getting 4++ save and the GUO getting T8. How is a greater nurgle daemon only t7 :censored:?

Hysterical frenzy is an extra movement ability.. and its awsome when it works. Would be nice if it was warp charge 6 or 7. 8 is kind of bad.

Where are you getting this? Just checked codex and it says fight again? I mean that's great if true!

• 3 weeks later...

Wishlist:

Hysterical frenzy is an extra movement ability.. and its awsome when it works. Would be nice if it was warp charge 6 or 7. 8 is kind of bad.

Where are you getting this? Just checked codex and it says fight again? I mean that's great if true!

Fight again is also a 3" pile in and a 3" consolidate.  

What kind of self respecting Slaanesh player doesn't know what to do with an extra six inches?  :whistling:

And no surprises here... no changes to daemons whatsoever.  

Savage nerfs to deepstriking though.  That hurts a lot.  

There'll probably be points adjustments, and there were some rumours around that 'old' codexes will get some extra Warlord traits and Stratagems to keep them competitive. Other than that, not expecting much.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something special with Wrath & Rapture.

New warlord traits and relics would be great. Most Codexes only have like 1-2 of each that are worth considering and the rest are more of a "nice try but not quite there yet" quality.

I'm hoping they change Delightful Agonies so that it's a 5+ FNP instead of a 6+ FNP.

I want all daemons of Slaanesh to have a +1 to saving rolls at range and a +2 to saving rolls in the fight phase (seriously, they're meant to be more agile and significantly harder to hit than other daemons)

The Keeper of Secrets needs a 4+ invuln. Way too fragile at the moment.

I'm hoping they change Delightful Agonies so that it's a 5+ FNP instead of a 6+ FNP.

I want all daemons of Slaanesh to have a +1 to saving rolls at range and a +2 to saving rolls in the fight phase (seriously, they're meant to be more agile and significantly harder to hit than other daemons)

The Keeper of Secrets needs a 4+ invuln. Way too fragile at the moment.

Daemonettes with a 3++ in the fight phase would be completely broken.  

Keeper with a 4++... sounds good.  Although I like their best upgrade... you pay 40 less points and get a daemon prince that never gets shot and flies.  Pretty good deal imo.  

The BIG FAQ came and went. Changes like that won't be happen in the CA. Expect point changes and maybe if we're lucky new traits and relics for each faction.

Also I agree a 3++ in melee would be WAY too strong!

The problem is not the save in melee, the problem is to get there without being shot to death... Daemonettes die to quickly... In combat they do fine for a 7pt model

Keeper should have a 3+ save too, hes way to vulnerable to small waepons like bolters...

The problem is not the save in melee, the problem is to get there without being shot to death... Daemonettes die to quickly... In combat they do fine for a 7pt model

Keeper should have a 3+ save too, hes way to vulnerable to small waepons like bolters...

How many daemonettes are you sporting?  The list im working on starts at 60 and is backed up by 90 bloodletters and other assorted threat. 

Also, slaanesh needs a turn 1 threat like a blob of seekers or chariots.  Something that can move 14-16 and charge.

Things that work,

Overwhelming mass

Turn 1 pressure

I feel like they try a lot of things out in Age of Sigmar before 40k. I think demon summoning might change to something more similar, where you earn summon points from conditions in game. It's a big change, though. I don't know if they'd do it in Chapter Approved.

Last game i runned 90 Daemonettes and 3x5 seekers, their only job is to get my 3 daemon princes and Be'lakor to the frontline, not an easy job against Gilly gunlines... But i have to play more games, slaanesh is not an easy army to master!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived