Upcoming FAQ and chapter approved.

Trollbeard

I haven’t honestly played my 8th Edition ‘Daemonkin’ army in months. Can anyone tell me if (in short) the Khorne Daemon unit’s, including their bloodthirsters became playable as a result of CA?

For context I would say they have been extremely lacklustre since release, basically forcing me to pack mine up. Just curious what you guys think.

Looking at the Daemon changes I have to admit I like them.

- Overall, Slaanesh is the big winner I think. If I am correct:

Daemonettes down 1 point, Sekker down 4 (which is huge for me), 23 points for Hellflayer and 20 for Chariots, Fiends down 4 points, Masqu 13 and Herald 10. Last but not least, KoS went down 63 points. I expected the Seekers, Fiends and KoS to go down, but not the whole bunch of Slaanesh models.

- At first I was disappointed about Fiends going down just 4 points, but rumors say they are +1T now and get a Champion with an extra attack, so there is nothing to complain about.

- The Nurgle Changes are OK. I expected the Beasts to go down since I never understood why to take them instead of Drones. Now the Beasts have stayed as they are, but the Drones went up by 4 points. Not ideal, but maybe it will give the Beasts more time on the table (I doubt it but we will see). To make the Spoilpox more expensive was like a no brainer, but plus 20 points seems a bit much, especially since a lot of other characters dropped in price.

- A big surprise for me have been the Bloodcrushers. As with the Fiends they need to get changes, but points look untouched. Maybe they got a rule buff as well?

- In general I like the fact that all Greater Daemons are a lot cheaper now. The models are awesome but they got killed to fast for their point costs. Now you can either field some more or you stay with just 1 Greater Daemon whithout having a bad feeling about his price.

- At first I was disappointed about Fiends going down just 4 points, but rumors say they are +1T now and get a Champion with an extra attack, so there is nothing to complain about.

They are +1W, not +1T.

My degrading eyes cannot make out the points difference for screamers can someone help a brother out and tell me how many they dropped?

I am looking at a demon detachment for my 1k sons with maybe a LOC or Changeling with screamers and splitting horrors. Thanks!

I've been looking for the changes on the Bloodcrushers a lot. None of the videos discus the data sheets, but one of them showed the them for a second. With pausing and a lot of squinting I noticed that their wounds went to 4. That's all I got after a few hours of searching and looking at YouTube.

I've been looking for the changes on the Bloodcrushers a lot. None of the videos discus the data sheets, but one of them showed the them for a second. With pausing and a lot of squinting I noticed that their wounds went to 4. That's all I got after a few hours of searching and looking at YouTube.

Thanks. Hopefully that’s not all but we’ll see soon enough.

I haven’t honestly played my 8th Edition ‘Daemonkin’ army in months. Can anyone tell me if (in short) the Khorne Daemon unit’s, including their bloodthirsters became playable as a result of CA?

For context I would say they have been extremely lacklustre since release, basically forcing me to pack mine up. Just curious what you guys think.

Biggest change is that Bloodthirsters have dropped in points quite significantly (down to 260pts). Skull Cannons also got a drop.

They're still just as easy to kill (even easier after the Big FAQ 2, since you can no longer combo Armour of Scorn and Warp Surge for a 3++), but can be a pretty scary T2 deep strike. Back him up with a Bloodletter bomb and you will be putting some massive pressure on the enemy while moving up with Berzerkers.

Is it Tier 1 competitive? Nah. But it's fun!

I also play a lot of Narrative games, so I'm interested in seeing what kinds of character customisations I can do with the rules in CA. (I know those rules are Open Play, but Narrative games are all about the fun absurdness that is 40k, so I can't see it being a problem.)

Slaanesh daemons got points reduction, what about their PL?

No changes for PL. It's a flawed system at its core for balance purposes and it seems like GW doesn't really care about supporting it since so few people are using it even in Narrative play.

Well, as I suspected, it's just a bonus on the summoning roll (+3 tho!). Also a chance to regenerate a model in units within 6" on a roll of 6 with 1d6. More interesting however is the definitely strong shooting attack and even more interesting is the Discordant Disruption ability that lets enemy psyker within 24" peril on any(!) doubles.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/12/wrath-and-rapture-the-daemons-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-1/

Harmonic Alignment suggests that this herald is not unique so more than 1 is possible.

...anyone in Vancouver BC want to trade the Wrath and Rapture box? I want another set of the Slaanesh half. Happy to do a straight trade so you get double the khorne set of minis :)

Well yeah Nurgle got new types of Heralds with fancy names that aren't unique characters as well so it wouldn't surprise me. However I see little reason to take more than one so far.

Archived