Upcoming FAQ and chapter approved.

Trollbeard

The perils on doubles combos well with the strat that gives 2d6 mortal wounds on perils...

That stratagem only deals 2D3 mortal wounds, but it's still a great combination.

Another thought is that you can get a little more out of summoning by using the Daemonic Pact stratagem so she can double the usage of her ability...but at that point you might as well spend a CP to just put a unit in the warp manually.

Well TSons do have access to some sniping powers but none of them would take a Herald out in one go, especially when there are Fiends nearby as well, so he would still have to cast quite a few powers which again increases the risk to peril. It's more likely he'll try to shoot his way through my army instead. ^^

The perils on doubles combos well with the strat that gives 2d6 mortal wounds on perils...

Its a fun unit, but it will depende on the points cost, i was hoping for a bit more...

She’s just a herald. For being just a new type of Herald, she is very good! Especially compared to the other named, non unique heralds.

Also remember this may be just the beginning. A new KOS is likely to come and with it, other heralds or named characters. Perhaps a replacement for the chariot heralds loss as HQs.

The Infernal Enrapturess's rules seem pretty solid. But it'll come down to her point cost and BS. Hopefully she'll be hitting on a 2+. 

I don't use summoning, well at all. But it might be worth it to take enough reinforcement point to summon back a unique character if like Masque if she dies. That would allow you to take greater risks with her and summon her back on a single die.

Looking at the Fiends in more detail now I really think the new KOS when it comes will be very similar to the John Blanche's 2012 concept art that was in the designer notes when they released Seekers.

848807_sm-Artwork%2C%20Keeper%20Of%20Sec

That's a really close match to what the new Fiends look like aside form being bipedal.

BattleScribe is now updated and I have been playing around with the Slaanesh updates. I can fit an insane amount of stuff into a 1750 army list now. It was just a test of how much I could fit compared to the old pints really. There are now a TON of wounds to chew through in this army.

I made a brigade and a spear head and still have some points left over. 60 daemonettes, 3 hell flayers, 3 seeker chariots, 3 exalted chariots, 3 fiends, 2 heralds, and 3 Keeper of Secrets.

I ran into a question now that the KoS is spammable. The wit stealer says if you take a wound from it that model is -1 to hit. It specifies “this weapon” though. Technically another KoS has a different wit stealer though right? Would the effect stack?

I played last night and the difference CA made for my mono-Slaanesh force was beyond noticeable. I could fit so much stuff in, it was insane. I ran a fairly non-optimized list and had so much target saturation it was impossible for things to not get into contact while not taking too much damage.Two notes before my list 1) It's 1750 and 2) I won, but it was a brutal game. It seemed much more balanced with our points as I have played against this guys Death Watch before and it rocked me because I had so much less stuff.

My list was essentialy - 

Battallion:

2x Heralds, 3x 10 Daemonettes (with musicians), 2x Hellflayer, 2x 6 Seekers w/ Banner and Musician

Spearhead:

1x Masque, 2x Seeker Chariots, 1x Exalted Seeker Chariot, 2x 20 Daemonette units (with banner and musician).

Supreme Command:

1 Daemon Prince w/ Wings, 2x Keepers.

Before CA there is no way I would fit those Keepers in, nor a good chunk of the Daemonettes and Chariots. And that is a 1750 list. 2k I could add way more still.

My DW buddy had 2 flyers I couldn't do much about and it was with a hammer and anvil deployment. I still had units get across the board untouched. I simply had too much board saturation for him to get everything.

If I had the infernal enrapturess I could have slapped those flyers a bit more, with the combination of smite and the DP I may have been able to actually do something about them instead of ignoring them for 4+ turns until I had enough and tore one from the sky in melee. I would absolutely drop the seekers for multiples of her.

Also I learned two new things: 1) The new CA missions benefit us greatly. It isn't about killing anymore. My saturation secured objectives and without sudden death I won on points EASILY. He castled too much and it was his downfall, he was forced to come out to meet me if he wanted to win. Objectives being on the ground floor (as they are set up before terrain now!) and no sudden death, along with being a more objective focused mission really helps us win games imo. and 2) From what I can tell, our chariots can go up levels in ruins. They are not included in the BRB or the FAQ update. I did not get to use it but it has hilarious potential.

Chariots can't move to the upper levels in ruins.

The rules say:

Only INFANTRY, BEASTS, SWARMS and units that
can FLY can be set up or end their move on the
upper floors of ruins (any unit can do so on the
ground floor).

Also it's not always objective markers first and then the terrain. Especially in the Maelstrom of War missions (the far more commonly played missions) it's terrain first and then the objective markers, but also most of the Eternal War missions require you to set up the terrain first (namely 'Narrow the Search', 'Cut Off the Head', 'Supplies from Above' and 'Beachhead').

Chariots can't move to the upper levels in ruins.

The rules say:

Only INFANTRY, BEASTS, SWARMS and units that

can FLY can be set up or end their move on the

upper floors of ruins (any unit can do so on the

ground floor).

Also it's not always objective markers first and then the terrain. Especially in the Maelstrom of War missions (the far more commonly played missions) it's terrain first and then the objective markers, but also most of the Eternal War missions require you to set up the terrain first (namely 'Narrow the Search', 'Cut Off the Head', 'Supplies from Above' and 'Beachhead').

Yeah after I typed that I caught both of those lol. It was our first time playing and that's what we played with. The chariot thing wasn't used, just something I caught that was funny. 

Still, the new missions are definitely helpful for us IMO

Probably a case of casting the powers than can target characters and snipe this guy out.

Be interesting seeing the price of this thing as with the drop to daemonettes and all round utility of the Masque I can see a cheap Slannesh battalion in chaos lists

Cheap Slaanesh Battalion?

Its 1026 points for a minimum Brigade. Which is still a lot but in 2000 points you can easily fit in a ton of powerful Chaos Space marine units to round that brigade out.

Probably a case of casting the powers than can target characters and snipe this guy out.

Be interesting seeing the price of this thing as with the drop to daemonettes and all round utility of the Masque I can see a cheap Slannesh battalion in chaos lists

Cheap Slaanesh Battalion?

Its 1026 points for a minimum Brigade. Which is still a lot but in 2000 points you can easily fit in a ton of powerful Chaos Space marine units to round that brigade out.

I did start thinking that with chariots being so cheap.

I was more thinking that around 300 for a battallion fits nicely in other chaos lists for some CP. My main thought being that masque is useful anyway and daemonettes seem worth the extra point over cultists now if you're not buffing the cultists.

Still probably not better than brims or nurglings but definitely a consideration

Do people think the points on chariots are fair with the new adjustment for slaanesh? I'm having a hard time justifying a chariot and exalted chariot over a flayer.

The flayer does not degrade, and its x2 strength weapon does not require charging in everytime. The other chariot causes 1 mortal wound on a 6 vs one model. Meh?

Do people think the points on chariots are fair with the new adjustment for slaanesh? I'm having a hard time justifying a chariot and exalted chariot over a flayer.

The flayer does not degrade, and its x2 strength weapon does not require charging in everytime. The other chariot causes 1 mortal wound on a 6 vs one model. Meh?

In my head they are worth it and have a place. It’s gotten me to hop on eBay and purchase two more exalted chariot kits so I can have 3 of each. Partially because an army with 3 of each will look so god damn cool on the table and the other reason is they’re all so cheap...

If rule of 3 wasn’t a thing, id probably agree and just spam the hellflayers. But it is, and I’m glad it is.

The chariots provide a good difference to the Daemonettes. They do a similar job to them but they’re faster and have a much higher toughness, giving an enemy issues in killing them. The exalted chariots can soak up shots really well. 3 of them is 36 wounds. Plus the 6 seeker and hellflayers chariots will be 72 T5, 5+ invuln wounds to chew through.

I can see that. Dang, almost forgot about the rule of 3. The hellflayers just seem like a much better roll for a pure slaanesh army since they have an endless amount of low strength 3 "rending" attacks, and the chariots just seem to be the same thing but on a "vehicle" platform. The high strength flayer damage is much needed. But I suppose a way around the rule of three is summoning more hellflayers. Hellooooo Ms. harp player. 

In my head they are worth it and have a place. It’s gotten me to hop on eBay and purchase two more exalted chariot kits so I can have 3 of each. Partially because an army with 3 of each will look so god damn cool on the table and the other reason is they’re all so cheap...

If rule of 3 wasn’t a thing, id probably agree and just spam the hellflayers. But it is, and I’m glad it is.

The chariots provide a good difference to the Daemonettes. They do a similar job to them but they’re faster and have a much higher toughness, giving an enemy issues in killing them. The exalted chariots can soak up shots really well. 3 of them is 36 wounds. Plus the 6 seeker and hellflayers chariots will be 72 T5, 5+ invuln wounds to chew through.

Isn't it better to use more Chariots instead of Exalted Chariot?

The decreasing profile really hurts the Exalted one

Isn't it better to use more Chariots instead of Exalted Chariot?

The decreasing profile really hurts the Exalted one

We play with the "Rule of 3" for Matched Play. So I can only take so many of the other chariots. I'd rather have Exalted Chariots than the over-costed Heralds on chariots at this rate too just for more board saturation. 

Archived