James71989 AT blog. Astorum and xestobiax

james71989

I will post pics as soon as i can figure out how to again. Im doing legio astorum to match my full size titans and legio xestobiax for the opposing side. My astorum will have 1 warlord 2 reavers and 2 warhounds. Xestobiax will have 1 warlord and 1 reaver

James this is truly awesome! Both the Xestobiax (fantastic purple btw) and the Astrorum - all THREE of them ;) are very, very well made! What colour are you going for thehead of the little Astorum? Same as the big one?

Also could you give us a breakdown of the blue? It’s dark, yet strangely vibrant!

It’s great to see so many talented Princeps amongst us! :yes:

PS: do you want assistance posting pics?

James this is truly awesome! Both the Xestobiax (fantastic purple btw) and the Astrorum - all THREE of them ;) are very, very well made! What colour are you going for thehead of the little Astorum? Same as the big one?

Also could you give us a breakdown of the blue? It’s dark, yet strangely vibrant!

The blue is vallejo game air imperial blue base coat with ultramarine blue airbrushed over top while leaving the edges the imperial blue. I have a lucius alpha and mars beta head for my full size so i am hoping they will release one of those 2 for AT so my mini can match. Yes i'd appreciate the help with adding pics so i dont have to use imgur

Ooo that's a lovely purple. It almost has a satin metallic sheen to it. Don't they look cute with their big brothers? Are you going to paint them to reflect the big boys' schemes?

Yea the plan is for them to match the full size ones as much as possible

I should add that the purple was applied over leadbelcher which i used to prime the models

nHWtQko.jpg

o42UQSY.jpg

James this is truly awesome! Both the Xestobiax (fantastic purple btw) and the Astrorum - all THREE of them :wink: are very, very well made! What colour are you going for thehead of the little Astorum? Same as the big one?

The blue is vallejo game air imperial blue base coat with ultramarine blue airbrushed over top while leaving the edges the imperial blue. I have a lucius alpha and mars beta head for my full size so i am hoping they will release one of those 2 for AT so my mini can match. Yes i'd appreciate the help with adding pics so i dont have to use imgur

Right, two ways to go about it:

1. Go to your Imgur pics, copy "image address" and then come here, click on the "image" tool in your posts' editor (it's the little blue-ish rectangle) and paste the image address in the field provided.

2. (Recommended): Make a gallery here in the B&C and upload pics straight from your PC. Go to "Gallery" (link in the top B&C menu) and create your own. The steps are really self explanatory but if you require assistance don't hesitate to PM me. Then you can copy/paste images from the gallery to your posts or use the image address process as described above only from your Gallery this time.

I have edited your initial post using method 1 as I cannot create a Gallery on your behalf - only you can do that.

This looks great btw, using leadbelcher as an undercoat creates excellent pre-shading and gives out that metallic hue! :tu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just an update, i have 2 warhounds built for astorum and bases almost done, have to get pics and post them. Most of my time has been taken working on my 2nd 28mm reaver and the new warbringer nemesis titan

And what a collection it is! Great photos!

Archived