starting a tau army

BolterZorro

Back to 40k after a long break (2 decades) this summer, I've plaid primaris. Now I want something new: Tau. After some reading, here is my list for a probable purchase (after faq/chapter aprouved):

2 x Start Collecting! Tau Empire
2 x Tau Empire Commander     
1 x XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit     
3 x Cadre Fireblade     
2 x  (boxes of 3)XV25 Stealth Battlesuits     
2 x XV104 Riptide Battlesuit     
2 x Tau Empire Pathfinder Team     
1 x  Tau Empire Fire Warriors

I want a 2000pts efficient army (not necessary competitive but effective), certainly built in 3 bataillons. More of this, the buying list should be kinda cost effective (in $$$£££€€€)
Is their any flaws in this list? how can I improve it? replace something? add something?
What are the things in TAU army that I should look after? drones? 

I am hesitating for  a 3rd commander. In fact, I'd like a bit of CC and I don't know what are the tau options except commanders or breachers (but fragiles)

thx in advance for your help

You get enough Drones with the SC! boxes already. Looks like a solid list. Maybe a bit weak on the anti-tank side (HRR Broadsides are great for that) but overall solid.

Our CC options are: Farsight and the Fusion Blade Commander. Aside from that you only want to be in melee your battlesuits and only to stop the enemy unit from shooting for a turn, not to deal damage. Breacher are no CC unit.

Archived