Bulveye Greybeard conversion

Jarl of Wulfen

Hey gang, I'm brainstorming ideas for a Bulveye model to lead my returned 13th Company. I wanted to get some peoples thoughts on what bits to use. I was thinking of using one of the axes and storm shields from the wulfen box, MK3 "walking" legs, and a jump pack from the sanguinary guard. I don't know what head or chest piece to use. If anyone has their own version, I'd love to see it! Thanks!

Hey gang, I'm brainstorming ideas for a Bulveye model to lead my returned 13th Company. I wanted to get some peoples thoughts on what bits to use. I was thinking of using one of the axes and storm shields from the wulfen box, MK3 "walking" legs, and a jump pack from the sanguinary guard. I don't know what head or chest piece to use. If anyone has their own version, I'd love to see it! Thanks!

Find the most badass feeling head bit you can see while having the rest of the model visualized in your mind's eye.

Done right, you will either end up with one or more heads, or, know better how to proceed.

At the very least, you might already know; good luck, this model sounds downright lethal already. You are right, he does need a worthy head; I think you will find the right one, in time.

Not sure if the info is accurate but kiexicanum has this history/description of him: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bulveye

I looked at that earlier. My head canon is he got back to the fang, re-armed and headed back to the fight ;-) I don't want to use the Geigor body as I already did. Plus the jump pack will allow him to keep up with the rest of my planned force

Here is a pic of him to help with your inspiration...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/1b/BulveyeHH.jpg

Here is my prototype bluetac version...

Hidden Content
fda09a1c-debb-4250-8e7c-18f0df55af71.jpe

Now the codex contains rules for Cataphractii wolf lords I'm tempted to go that way with him.

I'm excited to see what you do. I've been wondering what Bulveye might look like for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve recently seen Gal Vorbak used to make Wulfen (on Natfka and the No Retreat event in Gibraltar). Worth a look, it’s quite a tainted aesthetic. Looking forward to seeing your new Wulfen.

Garrek always looked like a Space Wolf to me and uncannily like that Bulveye artwork.

Well, during the blackout, I made some progress on part choices. I'm going to use the chest from the grey slayer upgrade kit that has the head attached. For the axe, I decided to go with the one from the SW terminators. The shield will be from the grey slayer kit as well. I was unable to get the mk3 legs I wanted so I improvised and converted. I took the kneeling set from the devastator kit and replaced the one leg with a SW one so he can have the captain morgan pose. I had a post in the SW facebook group with an image of the legs standing on a 1kson head. Once I get to assembly I'll put up an image.

Well, during the blackout, I made some progress on part choices. I'm going to use the chest from the grey slayer upgrade kit that has the head attached. For the axe, I decided to go with the one from the SW terminators. The shield will be from the grey slayer kit as well. I was unable to get the mk3 legs I wanted so I improvised and converted. I took the kneeling set from the devastator kit and replaced the one leg with a SW one so he can have the captain morgan pose. I had a post in the SW facebook group with an image of the legs standing on a 1kson head. Once I get to assembly I'll put up an image.

Good luck!

I'm curious about what you've cooked up!

I like the way the frost axe's color gets lighter as it nears the edge.

Thanks! I painted it lothern blue, the used Guilliman blue glaze. While the glaze was wet I blended in just a hint of white. After that was all dry I went back and put the glaze in the runes.

Archived