Brother Handro's Legios

Brother Handro

Hi all, thought I'd stop posting and lurking everyone else's threads and post my own stuff, seems we've got a fledgling community going on in this corner of the forum!...

I'm doing Legio Praesagius because I love the scheme and their odd, slightly dodgy low Gothic name, which makes you wonder how their story could have gone differently if they'd hung out with the Word Bearers just a little longer...and Legio Gryphonicus because it's a classic, timeless scheme that just...works. And they have more than the 12 engines Praesagius is apparently left with...

Enough talk, pics!....

ArxArgenti

Arx Argenti [silver Fortress], the first engine I worked on, from out of box to completely finished in 6 days. (Which is like...witchcraft for me!) Also known as Thrice Blessed due to an unfortunate incident in which I built the lower legs on backwards an only noticed on the fourth day of painting...

DuxFerrum

Dux Ferrum [iron Duke], a good, solid name for a good, solid legio! Needs weathering & decals, but I smashed the glass airbrush jar I use for applying varnish, so it's on hold for now...

GryphonicusSprue

I'm one of those who paints titans on the sprue...I've never painted anything like this before, but I just found it a lot easier, and way more natural if you're using an airbrush, and you're gonna be painting your chassis separately anyway...

I've got 3 Reavers underway (2 Gryphonicus, 1 Praesagius), but I'm in the middle of a weighty undertaking, nearly 4500 points of Sons of Horus for a campaign in December. I presume the imminent Warhound release will keep my motivation strong though!

Haha, oh well, great minds an' all that!...I just thought it was a really fitting name for Gryphonicus. I planned on using it straight away, and then I got the rulebook and lo and behold; 'Iron Regent'!

So it seems there must be something in the water... :biggrin.:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived