Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

Absolutely loving your Legio Guyfieri, very striking colour scheme. They look so menacing and moody!

As these are stylistic flames I might be tempted to add a glaze to blend and darken them down for a bit more harmony with the rest of the v. dark scheme. That said though the lighting in the pictures is pretty stark so they might not pop as much in person.

The additional work was worth the tiem you invested. It makes them look even better. Especially the dark base rim makes a big difference to give the miniature a finished look. Will we see more Titans from you?

Thanks guys!

As these are stylistic flames I might be tempted to add a glaze to blend and darken them down for a bit more harmony with the rest of the v. dark scheme. That said though the lighting in the pictures is pretty stark so they might not pop as much in person.

The white and yellow do not pop as much in person. I have yet to experiment with glazes.

The additional work was worth the tiem you invested. It makes them look even better. Especially the dark base rim makes a big difference to give the miniature a finished look. Will we see more Titans from you?

It definitely was worth it. There are still a few things that I want to add at a later stage like glowing plasma, banners, and more weathering. But for now, I call them finished.

Yes, most definitely. I have a bunch unfinished ones I started before the event, so these are wip status for the moment. I also have several buildings, some assembled, many still on sprue and many ideas to apply. And, budget permitting, I'd love to add more.

For the next few days however, I'll focus on finishing an online course I started several weeks ago, I still have 2 modules out of 7, deadline is April 30. Hopefully this might help me in my quest for a job.

Maniple pictures will follow soon.

Thanks guys!

The white and yellow do not pop as much in person. I have yet to experiment with glazes.

It definitely was worth it. There are still a few things that I want to add at a later stage like glowing plasma, banners, and more weathering. But for now, I call them finished.

Yes, most definitely. I have a bunch unfinished ones I started before the event, so these are wip status for the moment. I also have several buildings, some assembled, many still on sprue and many ideas to apply. And, budget permitting, I'd love to add more.

For the next few days however, I'll focus on finishing an online course I started several weeks ago, I still have 2 modules out of 7, deadline is April 30. Hopefully this might help me in my quest for a job.

Maniple pictures will follow soon.

Sounds like we will have a lot too look forward to. :)

And all the best for your job quest. But be warned.. It steals so much of your painting time. :wink:

It's great to see your titans coming together and rolling off the production line. To be honest when I saw the amount of work you'd set yourself I was worried you'd taken on too much and would give up (I might have!). Instead it looks like a great army is coming together. The flames look great too.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate!

Thanks also for the feedback and suggestions, this and the excellent projects you all have are giving me a boost and lead me to try improving and refining stuff. Believe it or not, but these models are the first ones that I actually "finish" (I could likely still improve some things on them).

The job quest is becoming old, so I wouldn't mind having some time stolen. I would also have more money coming in, so likely more models :biggrin.: The amount of work was indeed huge, but I hedged my bet when entering the event by initially pledging a single Warlord, while embedding the option to raise my bet. The fact I like working in batches definitely helped and I raised my bet once I was confident enough it would pay off (after reading this, you should have a hint about what kind of job I did). For AT alone, there are many more models awaiting completion, you already had a glimpse for most of them. And I also have tons of unpainted models, some still on sprues, from various other games covering Epic, Battlefleet Gothic, Warmaster, 40K, WHFB. The first big box I bought was Titan Legions, I am that young :biggrin.:

So definitely more to follow at a later point in time.

Time for some family pictures

gallery_116407_14938_42691.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_69066.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_19517.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_113434.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_118030.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_160041.jpg

Edited by Mendi Warrior

These look amazing, really well done! The flames are really effective up close, and from a distance, and the bases are some of the best around. I’ve been tempted to start a traitor legion to oppose my Atarus, as few people round here seem to have bought in, but don’t mind playing. You may have made my mind ups which Legio to go for, but we’ll see!

Thanks a lot guys! I'm pretty happy with the results, quite a lot of work but absolutely worth it.

I’ve been tempted to start a traitor legion to oppose my Atarus, as few people round here seem to have bought in, but don’t mind playing. You may have made my mind ups which Legio to go for, but we’ll see!

Whether you go for Suturvora or another Legio, I'm definitely interested in seeing it!

My next steps are likely to focus on terrain, I have a lot to do there, especially regarding painting it. Saturday I'll most likely order Doom of Molech and the new terrain stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

No progress for the last few weeks. I however did acquire some more titans, quite unreasonably I must admit, and I ordered Doom of Molech and the new spires later than originally planned, they should arrive next week. Yesterday I opened the two civitas imperialis sector boxes which were still untouched.

gallery_116407_14938_153718.jpg

and I put the content of one of them on the floor

gallery_116407_14938_9857.jpg

Now I have to cut the components off the sprues, clean the mould lines/attachment points and then plan how I intend to use them.

Seems like I'll be busy very soon.

Edit: "fun facts": there are respectively 136 and 58 attachment points on the large and small terrain sprues, so that is 1,552 for one sector box.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Apart from envisioning tall buildings and staircases, no precise plans yet, I have several ideas but haven't started anything concrete so far, except clipping all components off the sprues. I also received delivery of two boxes of spires, which are clipped off as well and partially assembled, nice stuff. Again quite a few ideas emerging.

I am also toying with some sector imperialis components looking at combining both.

A few weeks ago I scooped the last two titan battleforce boxes available at my favourite online retailer. I eventually opened them and started gluing a few bits here and there. Warhounds have already received some magnets.

gallery_116407_14938_59675.jpg

Happy the resin weapons are currently out of stock as it facilitates resisting the urge to spend more. I tested my resolve when they came back in stock by filling my cart and then emptying it (yes, it sounds crazy, it is crazy …). FW tempted me by sending emails to tell me my cart was not empty and that I probably forgot to hit the "order" button, but I resisted the urge (so far :biggrin.: ).

Those boxes with the Warlord, Reaver, 2x Warhounds are such a great deal compared to all the stuff I bought...

They really are. It helps that the missile launchers are generally the best option to go on a warlord's roof. I think the best way to get that set, maybe the alternate reaver, and one each of the resin guns. You'd have an axiom maniple with loads of good options for weapons.

• 3 weeks later...