Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

Oh man, that's bad. Were you able to find all the bits? If you have all of them it is less of an issue, check the instructions and the 360° view on GW's website, or take a pic and ask here on the forum. If you have some missing bits, that will really hurt.

Well, I would check asap (knowing myself, I would go crazy until I have the opportunity to check) and hope there is no carpet cleaning foreseen for the coming days.

Worst case scenario, blue stuff and milliput/green stuff, or 3D printing for replacement pieces. The day I have a job I'll invest in a 3D printer.

To give you an idea of how crazy I can be, I am currently reconciling my stock of magnets with the use I made of them. I found a few discrepancies and I am now trying to find what I forgot to write down :biggrin.:

Edited by Mendi Warrior

We should call you "Magnet Warrior" these days.

I love this :lol: - your guide is superb as ever Mendi!

This might actually encourage me to get some 2x1mms to do mine, rather than just doing everything with 5x1mms...

We should call you "Magnet Warrior" these days.

So I had two of my three boxes of Acastus knights cut up into jewelry boxes by L and R subassemblies with torsos separate and managed to spill the whole box on a gray carpet at work, I might have some real fun finishing assembling mine.

I have done this before, pick up all the large parts and slide a stocking over the hose on your vacuum. This will let you suck up small parts you may have missed.

I would also empty the vacuum before using it to hunt for potentially missing pieces. If a piece were to be accidentally sucked in, you don't want to rummage through all the dirt already in the vacuum cleaner, trust me …

Maybe that is a good way to try finding my 2 missing tiny magnets.

Thanks!

I finished inserting the magnets for my 4 Acastus Porphyrion knights. Also, after 3 days wondering where 6 of my 3x1mm magnets had gone, I finally remembered using them for the secondary weapons of an old Chaos Predator I have. I keep track of all the magnets I use.

I have left a few bits aside, the top carapace and weapons' armour panels are not glued yet. I still haven't decided how to tackle the missile pods. The faces are too thin for inserting a magnet. What would work is an ultra thin sheet of metal glued on the back of the front part and a 1x1mm magnet in the main body of the missile pod, but I have to source the ultra thin sheet. Then there is the question of how to allow for the missile pod to be either opened or closed.

Here are a few pictures.

gallery_116407_14938_71170.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_22033.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_73749.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_71024.jpg

Excellent choice! :biggrin.:

The orientation of the torso vs the legs and tilting it up or down give nice results for a kit with monopose legs. It is probably possible to reposition the legs a little bit by twisting the pistons and cables. Something different (more work basically) would be to reposition the knee to give another angle to the leg. I might try if/when I buy a few more (but don't hold your breath).

I would also empty the vacuum before using it to hunt for potentially missing pieces. If a piece were to be accidentally sucked in, you don't want to rummage through all the dirt already in the vacuum cleaner, trust me …

Maybe that is a good way to try finding my 2 missing tiny magnets.

… and it proved a good way as I was able to find my 2 missing 1x1mm magnets. I vacuum cleaned the mezzanine, then opened the vacuum cleaner and used a bunch of 5x3mm magnets, it didn't took long and I didn't had to rummage through too much dust.

• 2 months later...

Well, not much to report except I ordered a few more spires and a couple of weapons cards (Warlord, Reaver, Warhound) and command terminals (knights).

And some ranting not hobby related except it makes me dream of piloting a Khorne Banelord ...

I am currently busy studying for a finance and data science related certification, trying to improve my chances of getting back into the job market. I have been trying unsuccessfully for the last 4.5 years now, it seems I am too old, too experienced, too expensive, … based on the very few feedbacks some organisations actually bother to provide when asked for, while the clear majority does not even tell you if you are retained for the next step or not. On top of that my wife's job is at high risk of being axed, with inhuman resources pressuring her to leave so they don't have to pay her severance package … And cherry on the cake, I have rising humidity problems in the bathroom and when it rains heavily, I now have water coming through the ceiling in the bathroom also.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

• 3 months later...

So, I pledged for the Titans of the Heresy event. I've decided to put my focus on scenery.

First task was to make an inventory of all the components I have. Well, I have plenty.

2 unbuilt boxes of civitas imperialis spires

gallery_116407_14938_97644.jpg

2 partially built boxes of civitas imperialis spires

gallery_116407_14938_12713.jpg

many unbuilt components from the civitas imperialis boxes (exact numbers in my excel inventory)

gallery_116407_14938_34230.jpg

Since there are some hexagonal buildings in the spires boxes, I decided to go for 2 hexagonal buildings, so far, only one level high. After reviewing some trigonometry concepts, I made a template and then floors/roofs in plasticard.

Here are the components I used:

gallery_116407_14938_103345.jpg

The first building assembled perfectly, a real pleasure.

gallery_116407_14938_15231.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_14714.jpg

Since the walls have a very thin connection, I added some elements to reinforce the built (these are foamboard leftovers).

gallery_116407_14938_5808.jpg

I then started the second building. I messed up cutting the plasticard roof, hence the walls didn't align perfectly and I started over, once, twice, thrice, … every time I was unhappy with the result.

gallery_116407_14938_20568.jpg

I cut another roof, carefully checking measurements and angles. I then added two walls, their backs facing each other, and inserted foamboard to reinforce the structure, checking the walls were perpendicular to my desk.

gallery_116407_14938_12457.jpg

I then added the other walls, using the lines as guide. Alignment was now much better but …

gallery_116407_14938_20299.jpg

Some small gaps remained (see top left corner).

gallery_116407_14938_54199.jpg

I then added the tall connectors (eagle head top). Basically they hide the imperfections. I used the lines drawn on the roof to align them as best as possible.

gallery_116407_14938_21616.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_17935.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_47557.jpg