Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

Thanks a lot, several days before arriving at this, I watched it, and put it aside repeatedly until I finally had a vision when putting it down next to a coffee stirrer (I bought 4000+ coffee stirrers on Amazon for about EUR20 a while ago, initial goal was to have easy roof tiles). I have 3 more in the works. Thinking about magnetising them as well.

I added a few L shaped plasticard on the edges as well.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

While waiting for supplies to get delivered (paints in particular), I continued with a wip refinery/processing unit based on some 1/2L milk bottles. I like their overall shape, I think they look quite good as gigantic processing units, of course many details need to be added.

The two aisles with the bottles are not glued to the central building yet as I'll first need to paint it (no spraying as the ones I have are not friendly to polystyrene). Footprint is about 25x26cm.

Materials used are:

- milk bottles: washed twice in the dishwasher, left open to fully dry for a couple of days afterwards (unless you want some Nurgle's blessings of course)

- polystyrene

- foamboard

- plastic lien used for packaging bulky items > the green plastic on the roof, bonus: it is textured, industrial floor style

- a few civitas imperialis components

- a Cities of Death component

To be added: pipes, chimneys, stairs, …

The reaver gives an idea about how big this is.

gallery_116407_14938_25991.jpg

The platforms are sized so as to be able to clip a 1x1 Civitas Imperialis module on top (29x29mm)

gallery_116407_14938_7316.jpg

I glued the flying buttresses upside down to serve as support for the platforms

gallery_116407_14938_49056.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_38676.jpg

Closeup showing the texture of the plastic lien I used on the roof (they would also work great on 40K bases I think)

gallery_116407_14938_26603.jpg

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Playing with curves (reminds me of geometry class … a long, long time ago in a galaxy ...).

gallery_116407_14938_11444.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_20939.jpg

My template, based on "reverse-engineering" the shape of a particular piece of polystyrene. It basically amounts to using square and compass to draw curves on a large enough sheet of paper and check if they match the curve of said polystyrene piece. Once they match, you just need defining the measures for the desired shape and draw them on cardboard to get a template.

gallery_116407_14938_11023.jpg

The polystyrene piece comes from the packaging of a "design" garbage can we bought years ago (nothing expensive though), we actually bought 3 of those, hence 12 such pieces in total. I liked the shape and thought maybe I could someday do something with it, with wargames terrain in mind. Always be on the look out for interesting shapes.

gallery_116407_14938_2544.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress lately. Awaiting paints to be delivered, as well as 3 boxes of Cerastus Knights and 1 Warlord with Sunfury and Arioch claw (I simply couldn't wait). Still undecided about which paint scheme to choose, kicking the can further, hopefully I'll have made my mind by the time of Titandeath release. In the meantime, I sprayed chaos black on a bunch of other models and picked the spots I missed with Abaddon Black (61 mounts, 80 warriors of chaos). And, last but not least, I started drilling the barrels of my reavers' weapons using a 1mm diameter drillbit, trying to perfectly center the holes.

gallery_116407_14938_30658.jpg

Any progress is good progress.

Can you see yourself fielding six lancers at a time?

I suppose they’re not horrific in terms of points. Have you drafted up many lists with them?

Dallo

Indeed.

I like their look. Into 2 banners of 3 or one of 4 and another one of 2. I haven't drafted any lists so far. That is on my to do list. A banner of 2 costs 130points + weapons (20 for the shock lance and ion gauntlet shield), additional knights are 60 each + weapons, with a max of 2 additional knights. So, if my math is right, costs are 170 points for a banner of 2, 250 for 3, and 330 for 4. Fielding all costs 500 points. I have no idea if they are competitive. I imagine them as good disruptors, fast, agile, with some punch in melee.

It’s amazing how long it takes to build Reavers, even their weapons have a ton of parts with 9 barrels each to drill out.

Actually drilling the barrels didn't took very long, you only need to drill 1 or 2 mm deep to get the wanted result. Since then I also did the barrels for my warhounds' weapons (you only need to drill the barrels for the laser blasters and plasma guns)

I also magnetized one questoris knight's carapace. It is extremely straightforward. You don't even really need to drill into the carapace as there is already a hole in the middle of it. I drilled a little bit anyway to ensure I had sufficient depth. Then I put some glue and put the magnet in place. I drilled into the Chaos icon and inserted a magnet there as well (making sure the poles were correctly aligned using my arm - weapon trick). And there you have a simple conversion. The Chaos icon can be replaced by a flag (e.g. to differentiate your lord scion from the other knights), or by a carapace weapon (providing you can drill a 1mm diameter hole and insert a magnet of course). My guess is carapace weapons will come with a little pin like the knights' heads.

gallery_116407_14938_73657.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_50730.jpg

Such creativity with the terrain, well done!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks guys!

The icon is from the Khorne Bloodbound Skullreapers (AoS) https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Khorne-Bloodbound-Skullreapers

There are quite a few Chaos components from AoS that can be used for conversions, some very easy ones like this particular icon (the other ones from that set are nice as well but are all adorned with skulls, this one doesn't which I considered a bonus in view of the different scale).

My package has arrived and hence I have started assembling my new cerastus knights (3 boxes, 6 knights in total). They are absolutely lovely. They come with 3 different heads and both a left and a right gauntlet per knight. There are some tiny pieces, heads in particular, they are still on the sprue for now. I assembled the legs of 4 knights. One banner was broken in the box, I glued it back together, no real harm there. No difficulty there, just watch out to use the correct foot with the correct leg.

I cut one gauntlet off the sprue. Watch out to cut it correctly so as to keep the two "pins" on which the ion shield can be attached (see at the bottom of the first picture).

gallery_116407_14938_10890.jpg

The torso and "shoulders" cleaned and ready for assembly. But are they really ready? Now comes the tricky part: what about the Castigator and Acheron variants? Will they be made available as complete separate units? Will they be made available as plastic or resin upgrades requiring the Cerastus as basis? Similar questions as before …

gallery_116407_14938_16819.jpg

So, there will be some drilling and gluing of magnets very soon :biggrin.: