Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

Thanks! I continued painting a little bit, alternating between gold trim and various other little things.

Gold trim on the feet and ankles' armour panels of the Reaver (retributor armour only so far, all 4 Reavers)

gallery_116407_14938_25610.jpg

Gold trim on the ankles' armour panels for 1 Warlord

gallery_116407_14938_3926.jpg

Gold trim on Reaver's carapace (a couple more in progress)

gallery_116407_14938_16162.jpg

Gold trim on the Reaver's torso armour panels (2 in progress)

gallery_116407_14938_1240.jpg

Gold trim on the feet of a Warlord

gallery_116407_14938_40370.jpg

Gold trim on a Warlord's head (and some Khorne Red as base for the lenses)

gallery_116407_14938_21142.jpg

More lenses

gallery_116407_14938_56648.jpg

Some bronze on the carapace of a Warlord (also added some Abaddon Black in the recesses next to the void generators)

gallery_116407_14938_3282.jpg

More details, cables in particular

gallery_116407_14938_79080.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_1748.jpg

More red on the lenses

gallery_116407_14938_10236.jpg

Adding some Warplock Bronze and Khorne Red on the weapons

gallery_116407_14938_147294.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_24801.jpg

Not easy to access the back of the Plasma annihilator cables once it is built, steady hand and patience help :biggrin.:

gallery_116407_14938_39344.jpg

Thanks! No, my boss wife would not allow me :biggrin.: (but secretly I do).

I need to restock on glue, more paints are on their way and I ordered the last available box of civitas imperialis sector at my favourite online shop. Eagerly awaiting the announcements for Titandeath, I hope we''ll see something tomorrow.

In the meantime, more gold trims to paint.

Thanks! I do like that kind of setting, I try to go by batches, with sufficient variety for allowing some changes (I don't picture myself painting all the gold trim of 4 Warhounds, 4 Reavers, 5 Warlords all at once … without counting the knights … I would go mad I think :wallbash: :teehee: )

I did paint the tips of the Apocalypse missiles with Khorne Red. I found out there are 24 missiles per pod for the Warlords and 20 missiles per pod for the Reavers.

gallery_116407_14938_130806.jpg

Thanks! I do like that kind of setting, I try to go by batches, with sufficient variety for allowing some changes (I don't picture myself painting all the gold trim of 4 Warhounds, 4 Reavers, 5 Warlords all at once … without counting the knights … I would go mad I think :wallbash: :teehee: )

I think I will, just to make sure I don't miss anything... but that decision may be re-evaluated! :laugh.:

Thanks! I try to do a little bit everyday.

More gold trims today

Thanks! I do like that kind of setting, I try to go by batches, with sufficient variety for allowing some changes (I don't picture myself painting all the gold trim of 4 Warhounds, 4 Reavers, 5 Warlords all at once … without counting the knights … I would go mad I think :wallbash: :teehee: )

I think I will, just to make sure I don't miss anything... but that decision may be re-evaluated! :laugh.:

I think you'll probably re-evaluate after a few metres :biggrin.:

Has anyone measured how long the trims are on the various titans?

I think you'll probably re-evaluate after a few metres :biggrin.:

Has anyone measured how long the trims are on the various titans?

I think I'll spend long enough painting it, that I won't try and measure it! :laugh.:

I'm sure it'll be fun - it's definitely worth it for the high contrast it'll provide against the colour scheme, so I don't mind for the overall effect - however long it takes!

Lol, it is indeed fun and in the end the overall effect is a reward worth it I believe

Slowly progressing ... tackling the gold trims by dividing it into small "tasks"

Still a bit more gold required but two of my warhounds are starting to take a nice shape, I need to refine things more, so far from finished

gallery_116407_14938_71697.jpg

I tackled some more gold trims on the torso of one warlord

gallery_116407_14938_45532.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_35233.jpg

One of the advantage of taking lots of pictures is that you can sometimes notice some mistakes / imperfections easier than simply by looking at the model (too much gold on the left)

gallery_116407_14938_61595.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_59856.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_52504.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_37190.jpg

And a first try at another colour scheme, thanks to the extra carapaces for the Reavers and Warhounds

gallery_116407_14938_3751.jpg

Thanks guys! Quite happy with the testing so far even though it is far from done, planning on refining it much more. A smaller brush will be required for more precision. A bit unsure as how best to do the trim. Black is nice but brass would be logical for Suturvora. I am thinking Runelord Brass or Brass Scorpion rather than Skullcrusher Brass which seems too shiny. Ideas welcome of course.

One of the advantage of taking lots of pictures is that you can sometimes notice some mistakes / imperfections easier than simply by looking at the model (too much gold on the left)

Oh most certainly - it's only when you upload it that it becomes so evident :lol: - one of the best ways of doing it in my mind.

Really liking the progress on the Suturvora test so far: I'd be tempted to up the contrast and make the flames brighter, personally - but that might even work with a gloss wash at the end? Be interested to see how it all comes out for sure!