Resources for primaris unit markings?

Brother Pariah

Hey, so I'm getting back into the game after a few years' absence. I see that some time has passed, in-game, and we have these primaris marines now. While my old regular marines can see me through for a while, it's only a matter of time before I buy some of the new primaris marines. Of course, as a devout follower of the Codex Astartes, I'll want to make sure that I put the appropriate unit markings on my new marines. What's the best resource for how our chapter is organized now, at the company and squad level? 

Also, what's the best place to look for an explanation of the return of our glorious primarch and how we got to the current state of things? 

Thanks!

Well I’d definitely recommend reading Dark Imperium for an explanation and entry point into Guilliman’s Indomnitus Crusade.

You’ve come back literally as we await the second Big FAQ of the year. Your codex is still probably the best source of markings and we’re still watching the development of the Primates. Some are still Grey Shields and many have been reincorporated to their parent chapter. It’s still evolving.

As far as models the early Dark Imperium is a good deal and has a split of Primaris and Death Guard. But if you can wait 2 weeks we’re waiting on Raise the Dead which is a new Primaris and Eldar box set which GW is saying will have a big savings on it.

Great! Thanks! I ordered the Dark Imperium novel and the new Codex, and threw in the 8th edition rulebook for good measure!

I'll wait on the models for a bit. I have some Skitarii, Genestealers, and Squats to paint before I get any more Space Marines.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Imperium is great. The sequel is out this Saturday and I have great expectations.

The new box set "Raise the Dead" has some nice units in it. Might be worth splitting it with a friend. The Primaris are really nice to paint.

Welcome back to the war Brother Pariah... It's good to have you back in the frey:yes: I don't think your timing could be better with the new sets out, new FAQ, Dark Imperium II, Of Honour and Iron, Blood of Iax, etc. out or coming out. Although I found Dark Imperium a bit of a muddling read (strictly my opinion) it was worth buying and reading for the wealth of Primaris information alone.

Welcome back indeed, brother. It's good to have you around again!

As far as marking information goes, it's no different to the standard marines, other than a high-than-10 squad number.

Also, the Ultramarines 11th company has a light blue shoulder pad trim.

Archived