FAQ2/ouch

Nemisor

Without our minus 1(or stygies or alaitoc) ork hits would double. Our 2+ wont matter when you double the wound pool.

How would the Ork rule be broken? Our power armor and Dreadnought units would have a 2+ save against the majority of Ork shooting.

The always hit on 6 rule was probably introduced to avoid having to deal with 7+ hits due to flyers and movement and well being orks. They naturally hit on 5s and are horrible at shooting in general you have to allow for it to be still a part of their game or you make them 1 dimensional force that takes a ton of bodies that just lemmings forward and you need to ask yourself can you kill 160 or so guys.   If they can shoot a bit they will diversify their forces.

Without our minus 1(or stygies or alaitoc) ork hits would double. Our 2+ wont matter when you double the wound pool.

How would the Ork rule be broken? Our power armor and Dreadnought units would have a 2+ save against the majority of Ork shooting.

It actually matters a lot against AP0 wounds.

I think he's referring to those instances where multiple -1 to hit penalties end up not accumulating due to the Ork rule.

Ie, an Ork with heavy weapon moves and shoots at RG; they still hit on a 6, despite having 2 "-1"s to hit.  Normally they'd hit on 7, now they are just hitting on 6, and our RG chapter tactic has effectively been eliminated from the calculus. 

I suspect RB was trying to subtle nudge us back on to the topic

Which is RG + FAQ and what the changes mean

Not hypotheticals on publications which haven't been released yet :wink:

EDIT:

Gents,

Ork shooting and -1 to hit modifiers don't belong in this conversation they aren't relevant to the OP.

Please take it elsewhere

I'm reserving a real judgment on the FAQ until Chapter Approved 18' hits us. sfPanzer made the point earlier. Some of these rules might (or might not) be as nerfing as they seem at the moment depending on any number of things that could be coming down that work with the FAQ in mind.

I'm reserving a real judgment on the FAQ until Chapter Approved 18' hits us. sfPanzer made the point earlier. Some of these rules might (or might not) be as nerfing as they seem at the moment depending on any number of things that could be coming down that work with the FAQ in mind.

Indeed.

I hope they don't swap to just counts-as-cover, games where chapter tactics simply cancel out would be dull.

On the concept of mauling has anyone else heard the rumor that all the -1 to hit factions will be changed to always in cover with chapter approved?

Raptors player in me is made sad by this rumor....... unfortunately the Crimson Fist player is dancing with joy...so confused

My thoughts on on the FAQ initially focused on the Sfts change and I don't actually mind it in principle.  Being able to drop units down turn one really close generally makes for a short, predictable game.

What I don't like is our deployment has become much more predictable. The units you want to Sfts get set up, you spend the CP.  Then it's easy for the opponent to counterdeploy or even block the 9" move entirely with their own scouts if they still have drops.  At least before the opponent had to worry about where on the board it was going to appear.

It just feels less striking from the shadows :ph34r.:  and more walking forward in full view :rolleyes:.

I feel the ability to deploy the unit within or up to 9" from your deployment zone at the start of the first battle round would have been better.  At least then we'd still have some flexibility.

It does open up some different options. For instance, if you have first turn, now you can take a devastator squad and shift it 9” to draw a bead on a key enemy unit that was safe when he set it up.

Or if you’re going second you can fade away with an at-threat unit.

It opens up a different set of mind games in the deployment stage which is pretty fluffy and handy, to me.

It just feels less striking from the shadows :ph34r:  and more walking forward in full view :rolleyes:.

Considering BA Deathcompany have the same kind of Stratagem and.the CSM players already said that it would fit better World Eaters than Alpha Legion this statement feels very accurate. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived