Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible new Sector Imperialis terrain spotted

Terrain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Browsing through the latest White Dwarf (October 2018) I came across an image on page 140. In the image, there are some Sector Imperialis buildings with what appear to be handrails.

Here

What do you guys think? The building behind uses ladders as handrails but the one in the foreground is clearly something different.

If these are an existing part could someone point out from which kit they came?

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,940 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
The railing might be new, but the building is just the Sector Imperialis buildings with the flooring flipped over to the more "high tech" side that's already available, from what I can tell.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

The railing might be new, but the building is just the Sector Imperialis buildings with the flooring flipped over to the more "high tech" side that's already available, from what I can tell.

Sorry I should have made myself clearer. I’m refering specifically to the handrails rather then the rest of the building.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

StruManChu

StruManChu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 659 posts
If I had to guess, the railings there are a mix of the old Sector Imperialis ladders and the current Sector Mechanicus barrier things. It looks cool, but I'm pretty sure it's a conversion.

Stru is correct.

My Plog - Tales of a Lazy Hobbyist

Part of the ship, part of the crew...

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,790 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Hmm. The handrails on the Sector Mechanicus platform are 100% just kitbashed from the ladders that come with the set, and the flooring on the Sector Imperialis building is just the normal tiles flipped upside down.

The only thing I can't quite place is the handrail on the Imperialis building. It's not the old Imperial Sector Ladders (which are much bulkier), but I can't imagine there would be a whole new kit somewhere with no other elements visible.

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,940 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Maybe they are going to be doing a "raised walkway" Sector Imperialis kit?
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,732 posts
  • Faction: WAAAGH!!!

Maybe they are going to be doing a "raised walkway" Sector Imperialis kit?

Seems legit.  As Halandaar said, that handrail doesn't really seem to have a recognizable source.

Seems like these models will never end!

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Dragonglave

Dragonglave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

Wasn't there also some other rumors about some sector imperialis scatter terrain and stuff that was spotted in a picture a while back? Some broken pillars laying on the ground that looked like a sculpted part of the model. Starting to seem like we're due for another wave of terrain sometime soon

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users