BA & The Big FAQ 2!

Charlo

I've used the 2CP cover often and it pays big dividends. Especially on units that are harder to get in cover like vehicles and dreds, jumping from a T7 or 8, 3+ save to a 2+ save is significant. I don't mind the cost since the bennefits are army wide. With the nerf to turn 1 deep striking I've started with a lot more units on the table, and it helps when my death company and Sanguinary Guard can deploy on the front edge of my zone with a 2+ and a 1+ save respectively. While it doesn't do much vs high ap things, it pays huge dividends vs small arms fire and ap -1 weaponry.

My BA love it for the reasons above. My crons love it because it give our vehicles a 3+ save to help protect against the weapons quantum sheilding doesn't work against. My Astra Militraum love it for army wide 2+ save vehicles. It makes, Russes particularly tough and helps out flyers like the vulture greatly.

It's expensive but nice. It's not a silver bullet fix to the game imbalance towards turn 1 shooting armies that we are currently feeling, but I'll take the pity moves where I can get them.

I've only used it once, but it worked pretty well against Ad Mech/Knights shooting. Just remember that it only works for units in your deployment zone. So if you have a bunch of scouts mid-table or Forlorn Fury your DC outside of your DZ, then they don't get the benefit. 

Archived