Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Codex Leaks

• Please log in to reply
695 replies to this topic

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,997 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

No new Ghaz? That's disappointing.

It's almost as if certain "rumourmongers" had no idea what they were talking about and the internet got stuck in a cycle of hyping up it's own wishlist to inevitable disappointment.

• Warhead01, Marshal Loss and JJD like this

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,644 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Dunno, I never got the impression that a new Ghaz model was likely to come with the Codex. None of the rumours made me think that even for one second.

• Raven1 likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,233 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
I'm not disappointed! I don't typically use special characters anyways and primeork is a terrible term that people need to stop using.
  • Lexington and sfPanzer like this

QuantumCollider

QuantumCollider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 757 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Besides, the current Ghazkull model is, despite its age, still one of GW best models.

Still hoping for Nazdreg, though.

• Warhead01 and Son of Carnelian like this

"It feeds. Always it feeds. Mindless, agonized, insane. Squirming. I can feel it test the walls of our once great stronghold, reduced to a mere prison to hold the abomination within. With me as its guard... Me, first amongst the Silent King's vassals! But I must hold true to my vows; so I do what I can to placate it, bringing sweeter meat to its table. But it is insatiable; it demands more, always more. Am I still the warden of its prison, or have I become the prisoner of its labyrinth?"

- Unnamed Necon Overlord to a captured Tech-Adept Corteswain.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,640 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Yeah, one of the reasons why I didn't understand why GW made them for Open Play only.

I think it has a lot to do with the tournament scene, unfortunately. 

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,944 posts

No new Ghaz? That's disappointing.

It's almost as if certain "rumourmongers" had no idea what they were talking about and the internet got stuck in a cycle of hyping up it's own wishlist to inevitable disappointment.

Wait til next summer and Armageddon IV

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

A summer campaign for 40k might get crazy in the current landscape. Whomever it ends up being centered on gets a new model, I'm almost positive. Maybe Ghaz shows up, maybe Angron/Fulgrim. There's Abaddon rumours swirling around (I doubt he shows up in Blackstone, but boy does he need a new model).

My theory is that there won't be a new loyalist primarch, things are going to look bleak for a while before they release another one.

Ghaz would be cool, but I really thought he'd arrive with a new Skarboyz kit. Now that we know that's a stratagem upgrade I'm not so sure if he arrives solo or maybe it's a dual kit where you can simply configue him as a normal warboss in mega armour (bringing those rules back then)

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 910 posts

Just find something that's the same power level from the codex and use it's points for the looted wagon? Honestly, does anyone actually refuse to play games against a person whose 10 points over? Or wants to include a newly painted unit without losing all their special rules and command points? Or say that the carefully converted Land Raider is no good because bla bla bla? And while we're at it give the Grey Knights player a couple hundred extra points to even things up and let the Marine Chapter rules affect vehicles as well.

Looted wagons are fun. Orks are fun. The game is supposed to be FUN!

I don’t think most people would have a problem with it being used as a counts-as model for a unit in the codex. The problem comes (and where I would personally draw the line) is if you’re trying to use a converted model to have access to certain weapons or vehicle rules that your faction wouldn’t otherwise have access to. Other than that though, I think most players would be fine playing against it.

Ratherdashing

Ratherdashing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
Now that you pay for weapons at a set price, I personally think there's no harm in custom vehicles. The only exception I'd make is don't put a weapon that is priced to be on a BS 5 model onto a BS 4 model (so, like, no custom dakkajets).

If I were playing Dominion I wouldn't let someone write a custom card even if it just combined preexisting card effects. But that game is carefully tuned for the cards it has. 40k is not that. If you want to pay the points to load up your wagon with other guns, be my guest.

I'd certainly say the looted vehicles should just combine guns and chassis from the ork book though. Orks may loot a LRBT, but that doesn't mean the battle cannon will do the same thing when they are done mucking with it. Make it a killkannon or something and I doubt there will be any balance issues.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

For anyone looking for easier to convert Ardboyz, I've got an idea that's free for stealing:

60010999003_BloodBowlENG03.jpg

IMO you only need some weapons and you're pretty much done with these guys smile.png

Not to ressurect a thread that's winding down but Orktober never ends! I actually took you up on that suggestion and made some choppa&slugga 'Ardboyz out of the Blood Bowl team. Overall it's really simple I'd say, the guys are monopose but new arms aren't hard to attach (or at least hands). The blockers are easily Nob sized though, so I'd only use one of them per boyz squad. I'll probably post about it in my own build log, so if anyone has some questions, maybe it's better to ask them there.
20181031 134842~2

• Arkhanist, Dumah, Excessus and 5 others like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,620 posts

I assume there will be no datasheet in the new Codex for the old Buggy. For which of the new vehicles could I use it as an alternative model with the least amount of conversion?

If it's not in the codex, then the index rules will be perfectly legal.
  • Gederas likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

https://regimental-s...appreshiate-me/

The end of an era ladz

• Amun Mantycora and Ishagu like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,899 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

The end of an era ladz

Was amazing whilst it lasted...

-~Ishagu~-

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,827 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

See you next year.

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 905 posts

Were I to read to much into that, I'd think that maybe a mechanic for Orks to ally with Imperium units is in the works? Just the line about mercenaries...

No? Me either...

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,603 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Were I to read to much into that, I'd think that maybe a mechanic for Orks to ally with Imperium units is in the works? Just the line about mercenaries...

No? Me either...

Blood Axe and Imperium tag teams are not unheard of, I would be happy if they made that a thing again.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,640 posts
Back in Rogue Trader, Blood Axe Orks could take humans and Ogryns in their force.

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,494 posts

Back in Rogue Trader, Blood Axe Orks could take humans and Ogryns in their force.

Ogryns were available in second ed too.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,640 posts
Right, well my point was that they could take Imperium units from the get go ;)
  • 01RTB01 likes this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts

The end of an era ladz

They should have tagged the graph ‘Grotgle Anaorktiks’

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +