Sisters in ITC

bkde

• 2 weeks later...
The best I’ve got is a husband who won the last local RTT and is ranked somewhere in the 30s. If he decides to play more sisters, wins 2 more, and cracks top 10, I’ll let you know. ;) But he’s focusing on that feat for other faction(s).

I must admit I wouldn't know where to see ITC faction ranking lists. I have been looking, but my google-fu failed me :lol:

I just switched over from Guard to a Sisters primarily. I’ll be playing in a GT next month and hitting 2-3 more RTTs before the end of the year.

You can find lists on Best Coast Pairings app but you’ll need to pay for the subscription otherwise you can’t see lists for events you’re not at.

I must admit I wouldn't know where to see ITC faction ranking lists. I have been looking, but my google-fu failed me :laugh.:

I googled "ITC Rankings" and it was the first link.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-rankings/

I just switched over from Guard to a Sisters primarily. I’ll be playing in a GT next month and hitting 2-3 more RTTs before the end of the year.

You can find lists on Best Coast Pairings app but you’ll need to pay for the subscription otherwise you can’t see lists for events you’re not at.

Looking at the scores it seems the ladies generally due well at RTT's but at any larger events finish mid-pack.  Another major and maybe an RTT to go for me this year, hoping to crack the top 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Played in the Kipper's Melee GT last weekend. Ladies went 1-4, the worst showing of the ladies all year.

Quick recap:

Game 1 - Grey Knights with dreadknights, easy win for the ladies. Castled up, plinked away at his units, waited for the drop then killed the dreadknights one by one

Game 2 - Thousand sons with double gun knight. Loss for the ladies, underestimated Magnus's 16+16 (warp time) + 2d6 charge range and lost my knight turn 1. Also fell into the trap of taking recon.

Game 3 - Nurgle: 2x 30 plaguebearers, tree fortification and characters that allows them to move, advance + 2"? and still charge. 2x 8 bloat drones, Ahriman and 3x demon princes. Deployed two far forward hoping for turn one to flame/gun down a pack of plaguebearers before he got all his buffs off. Demons went first and swarmed up the board. Ended up being a tight game but he was able to score a lot of points early on.

Game 4 - Imp knights (taranis), Castelan, Warden, Gallant, 2x hellverns and skitari troops. Hammer and Anvil. Tough matchup as so much of my melta relies on getting into range. Putting shield caps on 2nd floor of ruins keeps them safe.

Game 5 - Ultramarines, Guilliman, Gallant (taranis +2 to charge/advance), leviathan dread, hellblasters, repulsor, aggressors. Again caught off guard by how fast the gallant can move. Kept my knight out if his threat range and gunned down anything that stuck it's head out. Tight game but again he managed to score some early points.

Lessons learned: doms can sometimes be a trap. The scout move is great but can also be a trap. Most armies move incredibly quick. Deploying to go second is almost a better tactic. Keep back, allow them to come to you, and counterpunch.

Played in the Kipper's Melee GT last weekend. Ladies went 1-4, the worst showing of the ladies all year.

Quick recap:

Game 1 - Grey Knights with dreadknights, easy win for the ladies. Castled up, plinked away at his units, waited for the drop then killed the dreadknights one by one

Game 2 - Thousand sons with double gun knight. Loss for the ladies, underestimated Magnus's 16+16 (warp time) + 2d6 charge range and lost my knight turn 1. Also fell into the trap of taking recon.

Game 3 - Nurgle: 2x 30 plaguebearers, tree fortification and characters that allows them to move, advance + 2"? and still charge. 2x 8 bloat drones, Ahriman and 3x demon princes. Deployed two far forward hoping for turn one to flame/gun down a pack of plaguebearers before he got all his buffs off. Demons went first and swarmed up the board. Ended up being a tight game but he was able to score a lot of points early on.

Game 4 - Imp knights (taranis), Castelan, Warden, Gallant, 2x hellverns and skitari troops. Dawn of war. Tough matchup as so much of my melta relies on getting into range. Putting shield caps on 2nd floor of ruins keeps them safe.

Game 5 - Ultramarines, Guilliman, Gallant (taranis +2 to charge/advance), leviathan dread, hellblasters, repulsor, aggressors. Again caught off guard by how fast the gallant can move. Kept my knight out if his threat range and gunned down anything that stuck it's head out. Tight game but again he managed to score some early points.

Lessons learned: doms can sometimes be a trap. The scout move is great but can also be a trap. Most armies move incredibly quick. Deploying to go second is almost a better tactic. Keep back, allow them to come to you, and counterpunch.

Thanks for the recap! I wad following your progress through BCP all weekend because I’m taking a somewhat similar list to a GT in 2 weeks. I did a practice game against “the Castellan” list and stepped on it pretty hard. What did you feel was the biggest challenge of the event? What do you wish you had more of or had instead?

Only change I'm making is maybe swapping an immo to a second Repressor. Keeps the Doms inside safe. Also switching from House Raven to House Krast for the option of the +1 dmg to >10 wound models, +2 dmg to titanic models when facing knight lists. Order of Companions strat was too pricey and I maybe used it once all tournament.

Otherwise everything in the list was fine. The lack of psychic deny happens, but the key thing is knowing which powers you have to have to stop (jinx, death hex, +1 to invul for magnus).

At no time did I feel the list was lacking, I think I had a chance in all the games had I deployed slightly different. The girls can be punishing for the little mistakes. As a personal note, despite the first turn errors I did manage to battle back in all the games, scoring >15pts in all of them if not mistaken?

Played a really tight game against the typical Ynnari list last night. Double spears, yvraine, reapers. ITC mission #1

Sisters managed to take him to task, denied Word of the Phoenix nearly every round to prevent the reapers from double tapping. Scouting forward one of the Repressors was able to get within 24" of his psyker blob to deny.

Other lessons learned, the 4++ Warlord Trait and 5++ in melee relic (Sanctuary) are probably the most optimal load out for a knight against a list that relies in taking the knight down in combat. It's CP hungry, but enables a 3++/4++ in melee with rotate ion shields. If there isn't much shooting the House Krast warlord trait (reroll 1's) is another option.

The Ynnari did manage to take the day in the end, winning 27-23.

House Krast Crusader (gatling and thermal cannon) w/Krast warlord trait (reroll 1's) and Sanctuary relic did great for me yesterday vs. demons then space puppies.

Agreed on the point above about all shooty/all stompy. I lean more towards the shooty as the stompy...well you'll rarely use the fist/sword...just the stomps. Why not have it shoot good too?

If I was going to go shooty id go all in on a Castellan. I like the CC variety as an option to take out heavy hitters up close. I use the sword more than I’d care to admit vs most imperial targets. I haven’t gotten to try the Fist out, but I’m thinking with the stratagems it should pay off against anything without an invuln.

Good points, something else to consider. Crusader is slightly more survivable. Defensively stats are the same, with the castellan having 4 more wounds. But it also costs 3CP to rotate ion shields...

I'm unsure how CP strapped you are, but 3 isn't cheap...

Played in another RTT today at my FLGS. Sisters did work! Played against two Ork armies and what a blast! Storm Bolters were the real MVPs with Melta just turning those fancy new buggies into puddles!

The swap to a Gallant with Sanctuary was a solid choice. He made his points back and more every single game.

Ended the day 2-1, but took 5th overall. Moving on up...

I think I recall seeing a google document on dakkadakka that put Adepta Sororitas Primary detachment in like the 120s.  There was a couple of Adepta Sororitas pings in like the 50s as a Secondary detachment, though.  I think this is largely from lack of representation, though they were still rated "below average" (tier 3 of 4 in the spreadsheet).

I pulled the link from the topic in dakka and will shamelessly link below:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QMLDIaN6EW45bZwERoW4QsxstzQA1Ej1k-Pu1aWxp8I/edit#gid=1717057731

Original topic: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/766750.page

Overall, it seems exactly where the army feels: not bad overall, but definitely feeling the pains of no options and running out of an index.

Archived