Legio Suturvora (wip)

Kilofix

Welcome to the party Kilofix!

Siturvora then eh? Brave decision - not the easiest scheme, especially in that scale! But it appears that you are well in the way, with extensive use of the airbrush?

Also the weapons and the Warhound, how did you come about them?

Look forward to see how this plays out...

Have you considered magma-style stencil for the bottom part of the flame pattern? Before I committed to Krytos I toyed with the idea of Suturvora and thought of that standing out. Just a thought... ;)

Reaver Meltas were from Contemptors. Reaver carapace Turbo Lasers were Reaver Laser Blasters minus one barrel. Warhound was printed (as I originally thought the GW version would only be out Dec) but going to replace with actual GW version this weekend.

Colors were airbrushed and am currently in the process of painting by hand the black edges of the flames back in.

• 3 weeks later...

Objective was for my courier to run off the board on the opposite edge (green arrow).

I overestimated the threat of the opposing Warlord and had my own Warlord focus too much on it (red arrow). Stripped the opposing Warlord’s carapace weapons but I underestimated the threat of my opponent’s Warhounds.

My Knights were pushing against the Reaver (blue arrow).

My opponents Warhounds managed to kill one Reaver in turn 3, that detonated, hurting everything around it, then subsequently kill the courier-Warhound in turn 4 which also detonated, and then finish the last Reaver in turn 5 that just stumbled and toppled off board. During which I killed one Warhound and only wounded another.

In retrospect I should have turned the Warlord’s fire against the Warhounds earlier. Forgot my first rule. Focus fire.

gallery_75122_14942_538089.jpeg

Having only played one game I can say they really are critical. Facing isn’t something I’ve ever worried about in 40k other than making sure a Landraider is pointed the right way - in this game it really matters when you’re alternating moves and your target slides out of LoS and suddenly one of his other models slides in behind YOU.

And for all the talk of limited choices the titan chassis themselves are merely gun platforms. Different weapon load outs may as well be a different chassis. Its pretty satisfying throwing weight of fire to overload an enemy’s shields knowing a melta is about to follow up.

Couple of other things.

The fact that Void Shields can shrug off the largest Belicosa blasts on a 3+ is huge - giving Squadroned Warhounds a huge advantage - in being able to share shields.

Move order and total number of units is critical in trying to get into 2” ‘CQB’ range. Because if you move first into range and then your opponent backs away, you’re stuck.

• 8 months later...

Some updates to my Legio Suturvora.

Still needs cleanup, details like cables done, basing, banners, decals / insignias, etc.

Now, I know what you’re thinking - I don’t have enough Reavers. Canon-wise, Suturvora didn’t actually have that many Reavers. So I decided on 5. Of which 3 are close combat with Fist / Melta, Melta / Fist, Fist / Chain respectively.

Also, while Titan Death lists Mordred (GW artist Dominik’s House) as associated with Suturvora, Mordred is actually from Incaladion and is Legio Furean’s. They just happened to be supporting Suturvora during Beta- Garmon. So anyway, per the Feb ‘19 White Dwarf, I decided on using a vassal Knight House (ie. a House completely subservient to the Legio, with Legion colors). Which meant little Knights with flames.

ioGM9Bm.jpg

If anyone is wondering how I did the flames: I airbrushed the gradient, then edged the flames, then painted in the black.

qesQyXC.jpg

Edited by Kilofix