Legio Suturvora (wip)

Kilofix

I’m thinking of drilling holes in the shoulder plates to attach chains, hooks and bells (Suturvora being with the Word Bearers and all). But I fear that there’s no going back once I do that. Also, are giant sized parchments ever attached to Titans? Decisions decisions.

Shoulder plates for what? Reavers or Warlords? You should have extras of each (at the very least extra midsections for Warlords). Try it out on some extra ones to see how it looks. My only question is how it would scale... it's easy to forget that detail and have everything look weird and out of proportion by adding detail that doesn't quite fit.

This army is looking great. I do my flames the same way as it happens.

Yeah I think I need to do some stuff with chains to attach banners to my titans. I’m going to hold off doing that for now though, until I’ve got more of them painted to a state I’m happy with.

One issue with magnetised guns is that each gun could end up being attached to various different titans. And some guns like volcano and quake cannons are going to be pretty easy to do, but what about gatlings? I might focus on the groin banners first.

I’m thinking of drilling holes in the shoulder plates to attach chains, hooks and bells (Suturvora being with the Word Bearers and all). But I fear that there’s no going back once I do that. Also, are giant sized parchments ever attached to Titans? Decisions decisions.

I love the concept - could you perhaps use little pins (that would thread through the links of the chain) so that they're hypothetically removable, and thereby could move/swing as you move the model? Perhaps ambitious - but might be a really nice thing to try!

I also think the parchment idea isn't out of place: again, you could very easily stain paper or small strips of cloth with a teabag or similar, and you've basically achieved it (and could be similarly removable and flowing!). 

Right now I’m debating between Dark Eldar Haemonculus / Wrack chains - which already come with hooks but won’t swing freely or as Fajita says - jewelry chain which will swing. Maybe I’ll figure a way to attach DE hooks to jewelry chain. Still thinking...

• 2 weeks later...

Infantry are from Vanguard Miniatures.

Dragoon’s are old Epic IG Sentinels. Robots are actual Epic Ad Mech Robots. Tarantulas are actual Epic too.

Onagers are custom web casted.

Edited by Kilofix

I sort of imagine the following:

Heretek Prime - Velos-221 of the Warlord Akuma - Legio Suturvora :

“Plasma generator at 105%. Overflow capacitors charged to maximum. Shunt to Shields and Weapons expectant.”

Princeps Corso of the Warlord Akuma - Legio Suturvora :

“I want Weapons first. Gunnery Moderati - give me firing solutions on the lead Warlord. No targeting beams, optical calculation only. Maximum collimation on the Command Deck. I want no survivors.”

Edited by Kilofix