Dark Imperium II by Guy Haley

Taliesin

I pre-ordered it last Saturday. It looks like both hard copy and ebook (what i got) is being released this Saturday. Just read Armour of Fate which explains how Guilliman gets or thinks about removing his armour which is sort of a prequel to the first DI book although it came out after DI.

Look forward to it! Re-reading the first, love reading about RG fall at Fulgrim’s hand...so well written!

Im looking forward to it. I hope it hints at new Primaris models. I am interested to how they will handle the primarch showdown.

I don't want it to be model advertising though - that was a really rough patch for BL. Let creators be free from codex/unit name/rules name dropping and need to rigorously stick to

Im looking forward to it. I hope it hints at new Primaris models. I am interested to how they will handle the primarch showdown.

I don't want it to be model advertising though - that was a really rough patch for BL. Let creators be free from codex/unit name/rules name dropping and need to rigorously stick to
I just want them to add flesh to them because at the moment they dont have enough units to operate really. I dont mind if it is just a hint.

Just powered through it, so only first impressions....

Not much to it, imo. It's fine and all, but it's a lot of reruns of the same themes from the first book but with possibly even less resolution. It's either setting up for a third book or it's just bound by the nothing can change in cannon for the moment.

Not much to it, imo. It's fine and all, but it's a lot of reruns of the same themes from the first book but with possibly even less resolution. It's either setting up for a third book or it's just bound by the nothing can change in cannon for the moment.

Any new primaris units or hints at them.

Oh boy, more Primaris dumpster fire lore!

Just started it. Very exciting.

Spoil it when you finish please. I won't be buying it so a little insight into it would be nice.

Wait let me guess, neither of you read the books on your own, you just have decided Primaris are terrible and complain about someone else's half correct summary of a book? That is a very good way to confirm a bias you have, it isn't such a good way to participate in a discussion about the topic. 

Guy Haley is a great writer, the first part of this series was quite good, I am excited about this one.

Starting the book now, will put some summaries here later if nobody has covered interesting parts.

*shakes fist at sky*

i forgot my password to my account and triggered a lock, so now I have to wait until it unlocks to read it.

I cheated and read the first 3 chapters and the last 3 chapters.  Oh boy, that is an amazing ending!

spoiler, DM me!

all i want to mainly know is the ending

You are right there is no resolution of the Plague War but it was always clear this was a trilogy, Guy Haley said that a while ago.  In terms of 'not much to it' I think you missed the ending.  That is a HUGE deal in the 40k universe. 

Mind to pm the ending?

Currently focusing on GC era but I got the Dark Imperium novels as a follower.

Curious if I can wait til the German version or if I have to read it right now. ;)

Archived