On all levels except physical, I am a wolf.

Pavement Artist

So this has been a slightly odd month. After not playing the wolves since 3rd Ed, the hankering came upon me hard. Coupled with snaffling a lone copy of conquest, I have begun my somewhat ham-fisted odyssey back to Fenris :

http://imgur.com/gallery/sNXUpvH

"On all levels except physical, I am a wolf."

....Faction: Alpha Legion

You can't trick me heretic!

Seriously though looks good! Whats next?

Hello Kraine, welcome to the Fang!

So, the ale's over there, go renew your oaths to Humanity and the Emperor, and make sure you hold yourself to them. You, and only you, are the only one who has any right to in life.

Keep to your oaths, your honor, and keep both your skill and your weapons of war at hand. The Wolftime is now; you will be expected to be a strong link in the pack that is the Wolves.

Outside of the IC banter, expect some further heckling; it's usually just in good fun, and I assume the mods will type up any guidance that they deem needed.

As it is, welcome again, and, let me have a link dive look at your work thus far! Intercessors are a bit of a strange model; the arms, weapon and head are about the only bits one can hope to vary enough to provide character between models, especially since there's two of each stance as it were per box, let alone more than one box!

I hope you have a great stay! And, if you ever prove willing, it would likely be best to add either Vlka Fenryka or Space Wolves to your Legion(s)/Chapter(s) list. The order is yours to figure out, and then make so; I hope you find the Wolves rewarding in a meaningful way! The Codex for Wolves is certainly capable this edition, and the Big FAQ 2 only added to the fun!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I come from a long background of playing dwarves so runes and ale and axes are old friends.

Heh, Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd Edition. I so love it, and even have two books in my car right now!

I still miss the game whenever I am not playing it. That's always a good sign to me.

As it is, what do you expect to be your go-to Troops choice? Each has its uses, and for Battalions, Grey Hunters, Blood Claws and even Intercessors can do no wrong if you give them the gear for whatever mission you set them out to get done. That's the hard part; general enough to not be a weakness, but specific enough to aid the overall fight in at least one meaningful way.

I am honestly batting hard for intercessors. As much as they don't quite have the same individual feel as grey Hunters, I think they're incredibly good value troops and from my experience with blood angels, when they have access to rules that give them a slight combat edge, they can actually do a fair amount of work.

In general I think I'll be going with gunnar red moons great company. I like the idea of a gregarious, hard fighting, hard drinking leader taking to the field with lots of bullish firepower.

"sniff sniff" I honestly can't tell your scent. This potential Alpha Leginaires could have learned from their mistakes from ages past that we Wolves can scent our own, and that mere external markings are not enough to mark one as part of the Rout.

But now... I'm smelling dog poo mixed with something..... scaly.

Archived