Carmine Blades WIP

Holy mother cow!!! I think this is the best marble.effect.i ever saw

Looks even better than real marble. Mind to share your nature defeating recipe?

Wow, thanks!  I sure can share it.  First, credit goes to the lil legend studio and his patreon - where I learned the technique.  You can subscribe at https://www.patreon.com/lillegendstudio.  I am a $15 a month subscriber and it is more than worth every penny!

On to the technique - I prime black, then spray scale 75 inktense wood over the black. Then I take a dried old baby wipe and stretch it out a little bit, to separate the fibers.  Then I wrap it around the object to be marbled and spray white over it.  I do 2 - 3 layers, and use a hair dryer in between each layer to make sure it dries completely (I do this after the primer and inktense steps as well).  Then remove the baby wipe and voila!  Instant marble.  With that nice touch of yellow from the inktense showing through.  

• 1 month later...
Glorious works. What does the marble pauldron symbolize? Was it carved from the Chapter planet's marble, reinforced via archeotechnological means (as real-world marble is relatively soft, compared to other stones), and worn to symbolically bond the wearer to the planet and its people?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Excellent work on the bikes. Is the marbling on the front fender's white stripe, due to stains the bikers didn't have time to clean off? (That's understandable; as Space Marines, they're constantly fighting wars.) Or is meant to represent the marble of their Chapter planet, and remind the bikers of the ideals they're fighting for?