Abadios the celestial emissary

ST.Lazarus

Doth mine eyes spy a Bloodborne reference? :wink:

This dude is genuinely a real treat, Lazarus. I love the empty, burnt out eyesockets. I really helps inspire an otherwordly presence to model. 

Where is the base model from? The Beastmen range?

It's from an old Chaos Sorcerer model from the old Chaos Warrior Fantasy range. I can't exactly remember the original release of the model, but I actually have one of these bad boys in a box of older metal models.

Doth mine eyes spy a Bloodborne reference? :wink:

This dude is genuinely a real treat, Lazarus. I love the empty, burnt out eyesockets. I really helps inspire an otherwordly presence to model. 

It's from an old Chaos Sorcerer model from the old Chaos Warrior Fantasy range. I can't exactly remember the original release of the model, but I actually have one of these bad boys in a box of older metal models.

My cult army have a lot influences from Bloodborne as I'm going for a cosmic horror theme combined with the games workshop cult miners style. My other Magus is inspired by the garden of eyes:

p206ag14hfi11.jpg

The base model for Abadios is actually a metal Dark emissary from the warhammer 6th ed Albion campaign, 15 years between the head and the body.

Doth mine eyes spy a Bloodborne reference? :wink:

That, my friend, is actually the Dark Emissary from the Dark Shadows campaign waaaaaay back when. Not Chaos but nothing friendly either. He hung out with the Swamp Thing for some reason

gallery_115548_14899_24616.jpg

Had that guy for ages and unfortunatly never found a good use for him. Love what you've done to it and he works great as GSC dude. Nice work

That, my friend, is actually the Dark Emissary from the Dark Shadows campaign waaaaaay back when. Not Chaos but nothing friendly either. He hung out with the Swamp Thing for some reason

Well.... He was kinda Chaos. 

They were servants of Be’lakor though they didnt know it at the time... as he was refered to as the Dark Master. 

That said its a great model and makes me want to go and strip mine again and paint it up once more. 

Archived