Centurion Devastators

Montford

I realize Centurions are not very commonly fielded oin 8th Ed. I personally do not own any as I returned after an 11 year absence to 40K just before 8th Ed hit and my Red Templars are my secondary army. However I have been considering buying a box of them for sometime now and I decided to ask the community here what their experiences and thoughts are regarding Heavy Bolter & Hurricane Bolter armed Centurions, particularly in light of Bolter Drill, and maybe having a Captain nearby. 

This may be one of those ideas which sound great on paper but don't pan out in practice. 

So what do the rest of you think about Centurions with that loadout for Imperial Fists and their Successors?

I field them often and I really enjoy them. I would suggest steering away from the Grav options as they really aren't as good as lascannons. I think a mix of lascannons and heavy bolters would be ideal of them, and I actually plan on getting a new unit of them to do just that. :D 

Just keep in mind that they are overcosted at the moment. Bring them for style and fun. They are my favorite models in the Space Marine line and I've tried to create multiple lists around them but, competitively, there are so many better options. However, they are amazing looking models and I love them!

Archived