Inquisitors in Apoc?

Two friends in my local group have challenged me to an Apoc Game. They have Death Guard and Thousand Sons respectively, each of them owning their respective Primarch as well. They know I'm typically the go-to guy in our group for apoc matches (I love the absurdly large battles more than most of my friends). So they both figured this is a good chance to have both Primarchs on the table, facing off against the AdMech/Knight player who loevs these stupid sized fights.

Here is my thought process at the moment: DG guy is competitive and one hell of a good player. TS guy, not as competitive but still a good player. They're going to pull out all the stops on me. So, me being the casual and friendly guy that I am, I'm tailoring the heck out of my army to kick both of their chaos-infested butts back to the Warp where they belong. There's plenty of time to plan and buy models before our game takes off, so I'm brainstorming right now.

One thought I had was bringing in a Supreme Command detachment of Ordo Malleus Inquisitors in Terminator Armour. 3-5 character psykers, somewhat beefy in a fight and not too easy to kill with their 2+/5++ and 6W. Plus it gives me some Deny the Witch roles as well as a few funny powers of my own.

I'm going to have A LOT of Skitarii on my front lines to act as both bubble wrap to protect my big stuff and having a pretty large gun line as well. So having those Inquisitors mixed in as well (giving them Ld 9 or 10, casting their own abilities, throwing down a bit of firepower and melee, and throwing out some Deny the Witch roles too), Inquisitors that'll be rerolling against all that Chaos, I figured it'd be a good idea.

If the game ends up in the 5-6k point range, I'll probably just make them regular Inquisitors. 8-10k, definitely terminators.

What do you guys think? Good idea to run them? If so, what do you think I should kit them out with?

Apocalypse is Open Play (i.e. PL) so unless you house rule things, Psychic Focus does not apply. (Neither for that matter, is Tactical Reserves nor any restriction on Stratagems should you be using them and CP).

So go big - take the best weaponry, teleport first turn, nuke things (or whatever, really). If you're going with points, it's a bit trickier but you can still tweak as you wish. Worth having Cawl as your Warmaster though.

Everyone in our group follows Matched Play rules, even in Apoc. So it will be points, FAQs, etc.

I am going to use Cawl as warmaster, but that's neither here nor there for this topic. I'm wondering how to best utilize/equip Inquisitors for this fight.

At the moment, my thinking is psykers obviously. Force Axe or Stave (if they're in termie armor) to give them that +2 str so, with the exception of DG, I'm wounding most infantry on 3's. I'm leaning more towards combi-plasma for them, but I'm also debating psycannons if in termie armor. What do you think?

Archived