9x GH + 1x WGPL = 1x Combi + 2x Specials?

navitude

I checked all the way back to page 11 of this forum and couldn't find the answered. I played a game yesterday and my opponent and his friends called me out on how I kit my Grey Hunters.

I take and stuff into a rhino:

1x Grey Hunter Pack Leader

8x Grey Hunters

1x Wolf Guard Pack Leader

Per codex, for every 5 models in a grey hunter unit I can take a 2 special weapons. The Wolf Guard Pack Leader can take a combi. Therefore, I can take 2 specials and a combi.

They argue it must be every 5 grey hunters and forced me remove a model from each unit as I didn't have any spares...

Am I doing this wrong?  

Yep that's how it's done. It would say for every 5 grey hunter models without caps for keyword. If it's keyworded you're still good because the pack leader is keyworded greyhunter. 

Some people forget this is a game sometimes. Sorry you had such a bad experience! 

edit;

It says models so doesn't even stipulate grey hunters. IF it were legal you could have 10 cats and dogs in there and still take 2 extra special weapons on your GH.

Yep that's how it's done. It would say for every 5 grey hunter models without caps for keyword. If it's keyworded you're still good because the pack leader is keyworded greyhunter. 

Some people forget this is a game sometimes. Sorry you had such a bad experience! 

K. That is good. Still waiting on a gw reply to make sure. I really like full man grey hunters with the extra punch.

Archived