Lias Issodon conversion

IronDreddKnight

He looks promising. I hope to see the completed model (painted, with a decorated base) soon.

Thanks, it might be a while until I get around to paint him. I’ve got a lot of unpainted models at the moment.

Looking good! Is this for the diorama event?

Thanks, though it’s just for game play. I wasn’t aware of any diorama event

The posing is great, he's very dynamic. My one gripe would be that the melta barrel is very recognisably a melta barrel. Are you going to fill the vents to make it look more like a suppressor?

Thank you, I chose the melta barrel, because “malice” has ap-4 same as a melta gun (all be it at S5 not S8 and D3 damage not D6) I feel like it illustrates the armour penetration value.

Very cool model brother, good job. I too feel like the melta feels kinda wrong, even though I like the thought process behind it.

Don't forget to add a sword somewhere though. Even if he does not seek CC, Lias is no slouch in combat.

Very cool model brother, good job. I too feel like the melta feels kinda wrong, even though I like the thought process behind it.

Don't forget to add a sword somewhere though. Even if he does not seek CC, Lias is no slouch in combat.

I hadn’t forgotten the sword, I just couldn’t figure out where to put it. Obviously his hands are in use, so it would have to be in its sheath. That causes it’s own problem in finding a sheathed sword. Any ideas please

For a sheathed sword I’d suggest checking Black Templar and Sternguard bits. Yeeeaaars ago I would glue a sword against the backpack or vet sgts to represent a power sword, back when initiative counted for something.

For a sheathed sword I’d suggest checking Black Templar and Sternguard bits. Yeeeaaars ago I would glue a sword against the backpack or vet sgts to represent a power sword, back when initiative counted for something.

Thanks for suggesting this. As it happens I do have a sheathed black templar sword. But I’ve found it looks too big. In my mind, Lias would want a smaller sword for greater manoeuvrability over a longer sword for combat.

I’m thinking like a Roman soldier, he has a spear as his primary weapon, it has greater range (like Lias’ rifle) and keeps him out of harms way. And he also has a short sword as a secondary, in case things hit the fan.

That’s my thoughts anyway :)

For my Lieutenant conversion I found a reasonably sized combat knife and slipped it into the gap between his back and his power plant. They come with a chainsword by default but none of my RG have chainswords (too noisy) and as I'd envisaged my Lt as a sniper first I didn't want to put too much work into finding him a sword.

Lieutentant left

I gave my converted Lieutenant a moderately sized combat blade that I found in my bits box as a stand-in for his chainsword. I envisaged him as a sniper but as all Lts come with a chainsword by default I wanted to represent some kind of blade on him and none of my RG use chainswords (too noisy for my liking). I slipped it between his back and his power plant as though it is mag-locked to his shoulder ready for an overhead draw should something get too close.

Lieutentant left

I gave my converted Lieutenant a moderately sized combat blade that I found in my bits box as a stand-in for his chainsword. I envisaged him as a sniper but as all Lts come with a chainsword by default I wanted to represent some kind of blade on him and none of my RG use chainswords (too noisy for my liking). I slipped it between his back and his power plant as though it is mag-locked to his shoulder ready for an overhead draw should something get too close.

I like the idea of having the melee weapon being magnet locked to the back pack, I’ll see if I can do this. Although I think the cloak will be in the way

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny enough I’m laying here in bed putting my daughter to sleep thinking about how to convert a new Issodon, then this pops out! Must be a sign from the emperor himself.

Interesting...next time, could you try to think about AdMech transports? Because of reasons. :whistling:

Funny enough I’m laying here in bed putting my daughter to sleep thinking about how to convert a new Issodon, then this pops out! Must be a sign from the emperor himself.

Interesting...next time, could you try to think about Primaris Whispercutters? Because of reasons. :whistling:

Fixed ;)

Archived