Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Aurora [Dawn]

Adeptus Titanicus WIP

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

Printed them in a few sizes, the smallest ended up looking the best for crotch and weapon banners.  The carapace flags still look kinda big they looked enormous on the old models.  There's always something to derail me from painting. 

4DC00565 BD7A 4686 ACDF 1FB156F05513
B8D216BB 9131 4E50 8CAD 2C6193B5E069
439202DC AF47 4628 B550 EBACDCC7D152

• Brother Dallo likes this

Adeptus Titanicus Model Count:

Warlords: 4

Reavers: 9

Warhounds: 4

Knights: 12

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
My 30k force is a bunch of Iron Warriors so I’m trying 3D print some 130% scale epic Rhinos and a modified Shadowsword to be the Tormentor. The challenge will be painting such a tiny thing the same way I paint the full size one.

My full size Tormentor is slowly being built as I put LEDs in the headlights, volcano cannon, and void shield generators.

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,042 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
Your banners would gain if you opened the in photoshop and put a waving white flag on top with the multiply effect

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

You mean to create the illusion they're billowing?

Tormentor should be ready to try printing next week, I only get one file a week at work and I try to put a bunch of stuff on one build plate at a time. 

Screenshot 2018 11 03 At 11.39.30 AM

The Land Raider file I'm using said to scale it up 130% for AT but it came out HUGE relative to the Shadowsword and Rhinos which I upscaled.  I just eyeballed it but it still seems pretty tall, I don't know but we'll see next week.  I just love the idea of printing a tiny Tormentor and having the full sized one for Perturabo.  

Screenshot 2018 11 03 At 1.14.01 PM

Edited by Fajita Fan, 03 November 2018 - 05:01 PM.

• Brother Dallo likes this

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Nice banners. Maybe a bit straight, adding a few folds would be cool I think.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
Oh those are straight out of the printer just to check for size. I’m going to glue them to jewelry chain and hit them with varnish as recommended after giving them some curvature.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Sounds perfect, eager to see the results

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,206 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Some nice work with the banners and 3D stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,732 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

The banners look impressive for sure... Now it may be just me, but they do look a bit on the large side... I think it may be worth doing a tad smaller sizes? If it is possible that is, the current ones are still fine - no question about it...

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

I can scale them up and down, I just eyeballed it and those are actually the smallest ones I printed.  I'll be doing them again with some simpler ones to hang from the guns.

• Captain Semper likes this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
I need to get some progress in today but I ordered some Folk Art color shift paint that’s meant to brush on. It’s more a fancy metallic effect rather than a true color shift but I don’t have an airbrush to use the fancy stuff I’ve seen online.

I found some Testor’s color shift rattle cans but they were $9 for 3oz. Rustoleoum makes color shift paint as well but I’ve already primed my armor white and those pigments work better on a black base. I was trying to come up with something for my loyalist legio that would look a little different so I ordered the cheaper brush on stuff to play with. I got aqua, blue, and blue/violet so this might be something to try on Alpha Legion.
  • Captain Semper likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus, WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users