T̶w̶o̶ Three legios and a knight household

Fajita Fan

Those look like they are coming along nicely. I would wait until some of the other colours are done before deciding on the lenses, but I suspect that having the lighter dot might be a good idea.

Still slowly chipping away at details, the last two days was blocking in Balthazar gold to shade with Agarax to make bronze on guns and axle bearings. The first warp missile was done with blueish contrast paint and Gray Seer on the wings, I really like Gray Seer and I think it will speed up my white armored Legio. 

It’s never far from my mind that I still have a whole other Legio to paint after this and a ton of extra guns to assemble and paint. :rolleyes:

CD8EF6BC EB9A 402F 9B74 D68528F7CE77

Anyway the Warlord still needs a ton of work, the marbling on the shoulder armor isn’t coming out like the others and I don’t know why. The mat is another 4x4 I ordered off amazon that while scaled for 28mm still looks okay for AT. If I feel exceptionally interested I may use a yardstick and a yellow paint pen to make each of those streets four lane highways. The other 4x4 I bought is very plain asphalt but would look okay next to it for an 8x4 table in case I make a bunch of friends. 

47911FE0 0696 420A 9F28 FE8952F7D897

7158260F 28B2 42C7 8087 91CE74E0C559

69697B09 6417 41E0 AB1B 378CF068EE01

FDAAC4B7 C50C 4BFB BF94 AD0AE24B4CDB

My still-unnamed knight household has sat in a box while I focus on this Custodes Legio.  If I hadn’t used red on there and opted for black I could have called it House Ravenclaw. 

67F495B7 D461 4C13 9279 3176352A6FBD

If I just paint over the red that’s technically still an option. Thoughts? Make a fallen house Slytherin?

These are looking great. I thought you said you hadn't done much!

I like the red marble on the panels. I think I'd probably fill in the gold on the flat panels with something - probably black or white. Gold looks better on trim and stuff like the reaver eagles than it does on flat panels, in my opinion.

The overall effect works though. It's shaping up to be a very nice legio.

I tried to do some weapon glow on a laser blaster and it looks awful, I need to figure out how I'm going to do this... :(

So my marbling was just nuln oil streaked on red in a few layers with various amounts of medium to thin it.  I touched up the Reaver arms with very thinned red but I don't know why the Warlord's panels are coming out bad looking.  Maybe it'll just take a few layers?  Maybe I used an old nuln oil that's separated?  I have one that's very shiny and I keep forgetting which one it is (not a gloss version just glossy).

The bodies of all my titans and most of the armor plates were sprayed with Leadbelcher, all of my guns were done with the Rustoleum aluminum.  Some of the plates for my other legio were done with white spray to make painting armor easier but they're in a box waiting for these gold bastards to get done.  Time to figure out what the hell to do with weapon glow...

Forgot to post these the other day.

I got some of that terrible Walmart color shifting paint on this Wraith including green on the orb looking parts.  I need to add some more for coverage but the Warp Lightning contrast paint does a reasonable glow for how long I want to spend working on this.

2019 08 08

2019 08 08 (1)

2019 08 08 (4)

An assembled Spyder on an AT building base awaiting green on its orbs.

2019 08 08 (2)

2019 08 08

2019 08 08 (3)

Both of which looking terrifying at AT scale for a Xenos campaign.  The Shadow Thief looks puny and even my boxer Reaver should be wary of getting in there.  I'm almost thinking of doing another Wraith coming up out of a building.

2019 08 08 (5)

2019 08 08 (6)

Mocked up dual claws on my traitor Princeps senioris but I can find the giant defiler chaos star I had set aside for his roof.  The plan was to support it on a few sides with chains but I can find it anywhere. 

F5FABEDD 2B70 4F81 8542 9A839E02515E

64A8A2AE 5A4E 47BB A39E 8F4049113DBF

I feel like this thing (and maybe the skull head) would really make him stand out. 

394F297A 61C2 4DE9 B324 7E1E4058CECA

Before leaving for work I went looking for my big star again and still can’t find it or the skull from the 40k crane. They have to be together but I’m afraid they might have been thrown out :sad.:

I could 3D print something but I loved that star because of how skinny it was and the scale was perfect.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Before leaving for work I went looking for my big star again and still can’t find it or the skull from the 40k crane. They have to be together but I’m afraid they might have been thrown out :sad.:

I could 3D print something but I loved that star because of how skinny it was and the scale was perfect.

Opened all of my boxes and went through every bag, I can't find either the star or the skull. :wallbash:

So much for this:

7A8B1AD6 B09A 4FF9 B623 D2DE0A73C64F

Edited by Fajita Fan

I tried to do some weapon glow on a laser blaster and it looks awful, I need to figure out how I'm going to do this... :sad.:

So my marbling was just nuln oil streaked on red in a few layers with various amounts of medium to thin it.  I touched up the Reaver arms with very thinned red but I don't know why the Warlord's panels are coming out bad looking.  Maybe it'll just take a few layers?  Maybe I used an old nuln oil that's separated?  I have one that's very shiny and I keep forgetting which one it is (not a gloss version just glossy).

The bodies of all my titans and most of the armor plates were sprayed with Leadbelcher, all of my guns were done with the Rustoleum aluminum.  Some of the plates for my other legio were done with white spray to make painting armor easier but they're in a box waiting for these gold bastards to get done.  Time to figure out what the hell to do with weapon glow...

I tried drybrushing with white around the edges of where I want the glow and then putting a coat of Nihilakh Oxide over the whole area. I was a little heavyhanded with the white on my first attempt on a 'hound blastgun. Should probably have practise on something first. I reckon it'll work for cerastus lancer shields too.

• 2 months later...

Haven’t touched AT in awhile but I’m printing some miniature grav tanks someone made for AT scale. The description was in French and I need to print one vertically because the detail on the bottom made the supports impossible to clean without a dremel. I’m on mobile so I put the pics on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4TFIywHog_/?igshid=b0wj8maygmal