Warhammer Conquest Issue List

Black Knight

Hi guys, just to clarify since I opened mine a while ago, but are issues 27-28 both containing sprues necessary to build the Rhino, or is issue 28 just the spiky accessories?

Issue 27 includes the box and tracks to make the whole Rhino without the upper hatches(Circular ones) and guns. Issue 27 is the combi weapons and lots and lots of spikes.

I was able to scavenge some extra hatches from a previous razorback build to complete my extra Rhino.

Edited by Black_Knight

Hi guys, just to clarify since I opened mine a while ago, but are issues 27-28 both containing sprues necessary to build the Rhino, or is issue 28 just the spiky accessories?

if you check back a few pages I posted some pics :-)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350709-warhammer-conquest-issue-list/?p=5271223

Edited by Tichinde

So any Aussies recieved their third drop yet?  Oh and does anyone know why they would be attempting to sting me for $26 buck for some reason?  I have the money come from a seperate account that I only put money into as its needed and I keep getting an email notification saying they tried to take $26 dollars from the account but couldn't.  Its weird as they also have taken the $90 odd for the month but still no delivery.  Is this going to be a constant issue with the Australian subscription I wonder...

Sorry I have no idea Brother Argent. At the start there were no premium extras unless you had the premium subscription(£1.50+). The Art book, ect are a little later on.

From what I have heard your delivery in Aus is a little slower so that they charge before it gets to you. I have had a few deliveries appear late as they are trying to save on delivery costs by using the bargain basement service.

Edited by Black_Knight

I just got the second Premium Drop and have taken a few photos. As I never took photos of the first one I will quickly show that.

First Premium Drop

Box and initial opening

MnvEnSMm.jpg?1 X3sad4Fm.jpg?1

The flat pack box when it is made

Comes in at(Internally) 31.8 x 22.8 x 15 cm and has some nice artwork on a thin corrugated cardboard box, took me about 20 seconds to figure it out and make it. When closed it does cover the diorama with the red conquest side.

TWzd5kQm.jpg W0oqZS0m.jpg rrUbjpom.jpg XjkXDLfm.jpg 0BlQuLgm.jpg

Dice

Normal good quality 16mm dice, feel like standard GW dice as they are not that weighty compared to some chessex I have used. Paintwork is good.

0pZrSuGm.jpg

Tokens

The tokens are two sided, you do not get two seperate sets, so if you are sharing these someone will be upset.

bfVSbSpm.jpg 4PftGOKm.jpg

Datasheet Sleeve

Nice little cardboard sleeve to hold the datasheets. A single sleeve(Seperate sides host different artwork) holds them all.

GQCe2iXm.jpg?1 Hgdsfmlm.jpg?1

Datasheets

A nice selection of the datasheets for the earlier models. Unfortunately with how Games Workshop are updating rules every six months there are already some that are already out of date. Primaris have the red backing and Death Guard the green.

GP5Ov2cm.jpg?1 I3gVzQcm.jpg?1

Gaming Board

This board is the same thickness as the Kill Team ones but overall is very small at 57 x 44 cm. Very disappointing and I think most of the hate for the Premium Drops comes from this alone as it is so small. The print job is of a very high standard but the size means that most if not all(Even people starting the hobby) will be shoving this on a shelf somewhere as soon as the bigger paper boards show up later on.

j98L6YMm.jpg BOfibBwm.jpg

Conclusion

Not worth the extra money I paid for at all, even when all the items are of a standard I would expect from Games Workshop itself(Very good), the gaming board is too small for anyone. We get a new paper board at issue 18 that will supersede that thing instantly. Maybe you could incorporate it into a bigger board somehow, perhaps a small loading dock but apart from that this thing will not be used much more than once.

The tokens only being one sided also leaves a bad taste in your mouth but you do get a second set in the second delivery so that kind of solves that. The dice are dice, good quality dice but the Conquest logo does not equate to the bragging rites that some dice do.

The box to put it all in is nice, could easily be used to transport models or hold anything of a reasonable size really.

Now do not take this as a complete waste as there is twist to the story when the second one arrives...

Edited by Black_Knight

Second Premium Drop

Box and initial opening

xvLFZjcm.jpg?1 7M2RFsem.jpg?1

The flat pack box when it is made

Same as the previous drop at(Internally) 31.8 x 22.8 x 15 cm with the same artwork but it has a overall blue hue.

e0jajawm.jpg 8FU6DGEm.jpg Dpr9XGjm.jpg lEnEUzDm.jpg

Dice

Same again as the previous drop but this time in a nice blue.

G7CNyi7m.jpg

Tokens

Again a single sheet of double sided tokens but they have different uses than the first drop. Why aren't there two of these...

QwvkZzVm.jpg mImMx8Lm.jpg

Datasheet Sleeve

Different models depicted in the artwork this time.

WfWaPfPm.jpg?2 Q1CJ7DMm.jpg?1

Datasheets

Different units this time matching the later releases. They also have sheets for Library disciplines and Warlord traits.

9dGrp0Dm.jpg?1

Gaming Board

Ok this is where it changes for the better. This is a 88 x 57 cm board, looks like a kill team board but is actually a little bit longer. This is what I was talking about when I mentioned in the last drop about the twist. This board makes this particular drop barely viable price wise and I was very surprised and honestly happy with it.

erZcKvYm.jpg wzlPzrJm.jpg

Conclusion

The board makes this drop, it is basically a kill team board although slightly longer. Someone coming into the hobby is going to use this thing for years and will probably wear it out eventually. Even someone like me who is currently looking to upgrade to a nice Mousemat battlemat, will be postponing that purchase as this mat is definitely going to be used. Two of these is just short of your 6x4 ft battlefield.

The tokens again are two sided and should have been supplied in two sets. I am actually looking forwards to the finding out the colour of the next load of dice.

I can now build a small fort with my two boxes.

812l2nem.jpg

This is what the first box should of been and I didn't feel bad about the investment this time but I hope this is just the beginning of the increase in value for the last two boxes, as this does not make up for the poor showing of the first one.

Edited by Black_Knight

I think if I was Hachette, I would have thrown in something to at least make it feel exciting... Given what you're paying it could have had something little but cool, like Primaris upgrade sprues for a chapter, something useful like spray primer, or moulded bases, just something to add to the existing models that isn't extra as such but makes the models you've got feel more premium. Rather than bits of card and dice that I'll be honest, usually end up in a drawer somewhere.

That's what I am hopping for in the last two drops. Although disappointment is probably in full supply.

I am going to get some use out of the board at least but I hope if they are going to give us another two boards that they are vastly different.

The two boards provided in the premium boxes so far are just the thin board from the regular conquest magazine on decent thick card. They’re nice, but not actually much of an upgrade on the regular boards provided to all subscribers.

I’ve said it before - I’m holding out hope that the last premium box is going to be some kind of bumper box, kind of as a reward for sticking with the premium subscription. Still hoping for both full codexes (SM & DG) and both Primarchs (Guilliman & Mortarion).

Compared to the price for paying the whole premium subscription (about £150 extra IIRC), I don’t think that’s an unreasonable expectation.

Probably just get some more cardboard tokens and game boards though!

The two boards provided in the premium boxes so far are just the thin board from the regular conquest magazine on decent thick card. They’re nice, but not actually much of an upgrade on the regular boards provided to all subscribers.

The Premium boards are much closer to a kill team board than the paper tat they supplied with the normal issues. It is a lot thicker.

(Top: Issue 18? board. Bottom: Premium board)

qbg06Lem.jpg

It is almost exactly the same as the kill team board from the Mechanicus killzone but the Mechanicus board is folded differently than the Premium and the original Kill Team board.

(Top: Mechanicus Killzone board. Bottom: Premium board)

YEg104jm.jpg

We get the drops every 20 issues, so its 4x (1.5 x 20) = 120.

I am holding out hope with you but I doubt we will get such expensive models :(

Edited by Black_Knight

Sorry, yes, I wasn’t clear - I mean the good card game mat from Premium and the paper tat from the regular magazine have the same image printed on them. The only difference is the actual material the mat is made from.

Yes, £120 extra for the premium. So far I don’t really feel like we’re £60 up on content to those who got the regular subscription. Maybe realistically about £10-£20 for some printed card. I’m REALLY hoping for something big to bring the added value to the premium subscribers.

I hope so too, I have no information on Hatchette's Premium offerings so I do not know if that's even something to wish for. I am collecting the Legends books and have been getting the prints. Unfortunately not something you can compare to this mystery box.

Its still is weird that they got a single unique model in issue 5 and nothing else.

Thinking ill cancel my subscription with Issue 46 tbh, there are no more freebies and looks to be 2 months of oldmarine crap coming up i could do without. Bit of a shame really but i guess ill just grab the interesting models from Forbidden planet? Anyone else having similar thoughts?

Forbidden Planet has now put up the last 40 issues for pre-order. GOGO get the ones you want.

Remember the postage is capped at £5.50 so try to get them all at the same time as they only charge you the postage at order time and then the price of the issue when it is sent.

Just spent a lot of money on extra issues :S

Ill be keeping my subscription Noserenda as most of the models are ones that my wife and I do not have(Except marine bikes, I have so many marine bikes).

Edited by Black_Knight

Waaay too expensive...

Mortarion yes, but Bobby G is cheaper than the Repulsor or the Redemptor.

This.

And they could’ve released Morty over 4 issues in hindsight. I bet he’s just as technical to build as the repulsor looks to be.

I won some prize support and the redemptor issues where part of that. I don't think it was technical to build at all. The most fiddly bit was putting the barrel tips onto the Gatling cannon.

Yeah got that email too Apocalypton, came this morning. I was charged on the 7th so they are serious behind schedule and I did notice that there online store was "Under Maintenance" the whole of last week.

we2PncMm.jpg