Warhammer Conquest Issue List

Black Knight

picked up issue 50 today, 

10 cultists confirmed, (2x sprue of 5 in green plastic)

Spotted this issue in WHS this morning next to White Dwarf. (The Part Works' Rack seems to have disappeared in my local branch). 

Ten miniatures for £7.99? No question, so out came the credit card! Good looking pieces that will also proxy nicely in other games and may inspire some home brew on the table top.

I was also going to get three more copies of #48 for the bikes from Forbidden Planet, but too late, it looks like they have sold out.

Edited by TheDobber

yeah, my local ASDA is pretty consistent in stocking them but if its a popular issue (or crazy good value one) you have to be quick. I think you can still order back issues from the Hachette website though.

I nearly picked up 2 copies but as I still have some Kairic Acolytes and some recently aquired Cypher lords for cultist duties I couldn;t really justify it :-)

Wasn't there word on Conquest coming to Germany at some point? Does someone know more about when and where this might come to pass? Like what stores will I be able to pick this up in and such?

"Warhammer 40,000 Conquest - a weekly part-work magazine, launched in the UK, Spain and Australia with launches in Germany, Italy and France later this year. To date we have 14,000 subscribers."

Taken from their financial year report.

Premium box 3 arrived today

Same as previous deliveries - a decent sized conquest branded box, some dice, a decent game mat of the same design as the current one in the magazine, and some data cards.

The data cards are interesting though. Previous data cards have only included units we’ve had so far during the subscription. These latest data cards have the units we don’t have - Typhus and the Primaris Ancient etc.

To me, that says that the data cards are now complete and premium box 4 will include something different. Fingers crossed, because so far I’ve been a bit disappointed with the premium part. It’s only really stubbornness and curiosity that’s kept me going with it.

Same here Sky Potatoe, this subscription has been so fast we wont be waiting for long. What colour are the dice? Green?

Edited by Black_Knight

for those who are trying to pick these up from WHsmith i really advise setting up a folder with them. You pay for 3 issues in advance (which is refundable) then you can ask them a couple of weeks in advance to order you any number of copies and they will put them aside for you and back order any missed deliveries. I have got 3 bikes issues and 2 more speeder issues comming soon and he even put the cultists in there just in case XD

Black Knight, I have to say, that OP is a piece of art.

It's also really helped me focus on how much longer I need this for. It seems to me, that after the last of the DI sprues, I'm better off cancelling and just buying a Repulsor outright with the savings. I don't really need the sniper scouts or SM Heroes, and after that last DI sprue, there's not really a lot of SM kits left.

Thanks Brother Adelard, honestly its lucky we had that Spanish leak back at the start, its been pretty accurate with what we have had so far.

I think quite a few people are reaching the end of what they want from it, I am sharing the subscription so there's alot still in there for me and my wife who has been collecting for a while but she is not up on the law so we have a use for the magazines :D.

I'm kind of banking on there being a season 2, featuring the units from Shadowspear, I may restart then.

I think it's infinitely more likely that we'll see an Age of Sigmar version once Conquest concludes.

I'm kind of banking on there being a season 2, featuring the units from Shadowspear, I may restart then.

I think it's infinitely more likely that we'll see an Age of Sigmar version once Conquest concludes.

I can perhaps see that as a separate publication. But I think they would want to capitalise on the success of this one

I can perhaps see that as a separate publication. But I think they would want to capitalise on the success of this one

Which they will, by doing an Age of Sigmar version.

It's a no-brainer; the format is successful, it attracts the audience who prefer fantasy to sci-fi, the existing GW hobbyists who aren't into 40k, and it doesn't run the risk of putting off Conquest subscribers by being too similar.

I mean what would a Conquest Season 2 even be? The core of this has been the easy build models from Dark Imperium and those released in the immediate aftermath, plus a few full kits to round it out. No ranges other than Marines and Death Guard have that level of easy build kit support in 40k.

Sure you mentioned Shadowspear, but that's a smaller range of kits and Marines Vs Chaos Marines a second time around would probably be a pass for a lot of existing Conquest subscribers, especially in the target audience (kids, and more specifically their parents), simply because it's basically the same as what they're doing now.

I can see all of your points, but I think what you have done is assume that any season 2 of Conquest should aim to be a 'sequel'.

The real point of Conquest is to attract new players, primarily younger ones to the game. Of, after 80 issues, they only continue to buy GW models through a second run of magazines, rather than going to GW direct, then the overall aim of the gambit has arguably failed.

So, starting from scratch, and trying to attract a fresh customer base to 40k still makes sense. Just as it does for AoS.

However, they also probably recognise that running exactly the same run twice is a mistake, as a lot of the subscribers are existing customers, like us, who just want more models. Or could be repeat subscribers, in which case why not deploy Shadowspear as the base? The model count is very similar to DI, and it helps them eke more money out of monopose sprues which perhaps won't be released again elsewhere.

I don't disagree that the objective is to bring in new blood and that the target audience for another run of Conquest isn't people who subscribed to the current one. I guess my point is more that I think running a second "season" of Conquest feels like it would be less successful than an AoS equivalent in the same time frame.

After all, if people didn't bite for Conquest last year, would they next year for fundamentally the same thing? A few would for sure, probably including me, and obviously some kids who were maybe too young last time around would now maybe be attracted to it, but I think most of the target audience wouldn't go for it the second time around if they didn't the first time.

Now, if we're talking about something like Conquest 2 being after a similarly long AoS Partwork campaign (so Autumn 2021), then sure, I could see that. 4ish years is a good amount of time to have passed from the launch of Conquest for there to be a lot of new potential hobbyists in the market.

It really depends on what information they have on their customers, are they mostly current players like we mostly think they are or do they have a lot of new players?

If its the first scenario then releasing a second season of 40K with two new armies, maybe some of that lovely new scenery, would be the best way forward. If not then its best that they start a AOS one to grab those new players who have no real game loyalty yet and like the new best thing.

I think it would be best to start a new AOS one soon and follow up in a year with a new 40K one but I would have no idea which armies would be the best, maybe some Xenos.