Warhammer Conquest Issue List

Black Knight

You'd have to check but I swear you can demand it is refunded to the original payment method under UK law?

As far as I know there's nothing like that in the law, it's just common practice for retailers to refund only to the same payment method, but they aren't obliged to.

Annoying as they are in this day and age, cheques are considered to be lower risk from a fraud point of view because only the named payee can cash them.

it's just common practice for retailers to refund only to the same payment method

Indeed, it's common because it's [a] easy, and  helps shield them from liability with the money laundering regulations.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

They’ve been less than great with me; correspondence using not my name, assurances that orders had been dispatched at the start of one week turned into the order will be dispatched by the end of next.

Items now out of stock, and, yes, told that refund with be via cheque (CHEQUE!) as their ‘system doesn’t allow electronic payments’ “as soon as possible”. Not “today”, not “tomorrow” but at some nebulous future point. Really wish I’d just stocked up on full price thermos plasma pipes instead of th small saving and ball ache that this has caused...

*snort* i may not have worked for a bank in a couple of years but id be deeeeply surprised to find they like them again now after years of trying to phase the damn things out because they are an archaic insecure pain in the backside. 

Im somehow not surprised Hachette is using them though, theyve always been needlessly backwards in every dealing i had with them too :/ 

For some reason UK companies sometimes absolutely loathe doing international bank transfers, almost up there with dealing with non English Sterling for then.

That said, reversing a credit card transaction would be much easier

A more paranoid man than me might suggest cheque is a way to ensure 10 or 20% of people lose them or arent bothered going to the bank to deposit a small one etc

Just grabbed two issues from the other subscription that we cannot name, so it all begins again. 

As a summary because I am now finished with the first series of Conquest(Will see some of you here in a year for series 2 boogaloo(Crosses fingers)), this subscription and my experience with Hatchett has been a ball ache...

Have I enjoyed what I have gotten with the subscription? Yes, the models have been a pretty good selection of the armies and some issues have really allowed me to boost my collection way beyond what I would be happy doing paying full price.

Last bit and this one is going to be different for everyone, has the work I have had to do been outweighed by the subscription, for me I would say definitely. Especially since I have been able to get my wife into the hobby as a Deathguard player. Now if you are somebody who really doesn't like the anticipation of somethings going wrong or simply want to come home after a busy day and get strait into building an army, instead of sending off a million emails for customer service, then there are better ways to get this fix, slightly more expensive but better.

On the other hand I think we have all realised now that when a subscription ends and they sell off all their left over stock it is a crap shoot and you cannot expect anything from it until it is in your hands, even if you are the first person in the online queue.

My extra sprue/issue 77 finally arrived. What an absolute pain in the :censored: . Weeks longer than expected and significant nagging required on may part. At least it got here before I moved house though, having ordered long enough before that that I didn't expect it to be an issue.

All I can say about the refund issues is to ensure you use either PayPal or a Credit Card so you can charge back if there's any issue with supply.

I found Hachette to be a bit of a nightmare when I wanted to cancel my subscription, so I just cancelled the payment and emailed them to let them know, funnily enough they acknowledged that pretty much straight away.

Rik

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help but feel this should have been included in the subscription, but it turns out the Silver Templars will be getting their own rules in the next issue of White Dwarf: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/04/white-dwarf-preview-issue-456/

Will include a new Chapter Tactic, two Relics, three Warlord Traits and a pair of Stratagems unique to the Silver Templars.

They definitely have enough to do a second run for at least the Space Marine side. The issue would be the opponent.

On the SM side, the Shadowspear and Indomitus frames would be an ideal base.

Given that the Necrons are the new "big bad" I'd expect them to make up the other 50%. They have plenty of new sprues, plus they have a lot of legacy models to fall back on. When you combine this with folks picking them up because of indomitus, I think it will be a no brainer for GW

And a simpler argument - DG were the previous opponent and they were the contents of the current, at the time, starter set. Now Necrons fill that role. 

Can't help but feel this should have been included in the subscription, but it turns out the Silver Templars will be getting their own rules in the next issue of White Dwarf: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/04/white-dwarf-preview-issue-456/

Will include a new Chapter Tactic, two Relics, three Warlord Traits and a pair of Stratagems unique to the Silver Templars.

I am very ready for these rules!

Chapter trait/strats will have to have some link to ST love of duelling and cutting straight through to kill key enemy command units (no matter the cost!). 

They definitely have enough to do a second run for at least the Space Marine side. The issue would be the opponent.

Given that the Necrons are the new "big bad" I'd expect them to make up the other 50%. They have plenty of new sprues, plus they have a lot of legacy models to fall back on. When you combine this with folks picking them up because of indomitus, I think it will be a no brainer for GW

And a simpler argument - DG were the previous opponent and they were the contents of the current, at the time, starter set. Now Necrons fill that role. 

Yes, I think they are doable, as would Chaos Space Marines using Shadowspear, and some of their legacy models. The issue isn't so much a lack of options, it's which one do you choose?

Given that the Necrons are the new "big bad" I'd expect them to make up the other 50%. They have plenty of new sprues, plus they have a lot of legacy models to fall back on. When you combine this with folks picking them up because of indomitus, I think it will be a no brainer for GW.

Yes, I think they are doable, as would Chaos Space Marines using Shadowspear, and some of their legacy models. The issue isn't so much a lack of options, it's which one do you choose?

If they use Chaos Marines for Conquest Vol.2 I'd be over that like a rash, but I can see it being Necrons, as pointed out they're the opfor in all the new starter sets.

• 3 weeks later...

I made an order for some back issues at the beginning of August (it said they were in stock). I've got my confirmation email, so the order was received. I still haven't received anything in the post though - is that the normal level of customer service from Hachette? I've been trying the website this morning but it times-out constantly.

I understand Covid is making this kind of service slow at the moment but it's been 2 months now... Is their phone support worth bothering with?

I've found their phone support people pleasant to deal with, but ultimately powerless. I've just had my Subscription issues up to 70 delivered, and am still waiting on the Primaris Captain from the 30's, I called them, and all they could do is confirm it's still in their system as on Back Order, and could not provide any more info than that.