Watchers of Death =][= Gederas' Deathwatch

Gederas

Very nice work!  I like the dynamic pose.  +1 vote for Shapeways, I've yet to receive a bad product from any vendor on there :smile.:

Does one need an account to order from Shapeways? I've never looked into them too much.

Also, guess what showed up a day early!

7hoZf6e.jpg

9umtm17.jpg

I think you do, but it's worth it IMHO.  Those claws are awesome :wub:

Gah! Another website, another account, another password to remember :laugh.:

Anyways, thanks! I love Tyberos' claws, but I'm not sure if I should leave the Chainfist parts on them since it's not supposed to be Tyberos. Side note: He is REALLY weedy compared to 'modern' terminators:

fxPDpTX.jpg

Really showing your age there Ty! :lol:

Also, the Hecaton has been primed and is ready for painting (and touch-ups with paint because some areas still didn't get primer....):

jpMIazh.jpg

DXf9rtx.jpg

R3KQv6N.jpg

4TIuCcr.jpg

I just LOVE how detailed this model is!

I tried to make it look like he was leaning into the shot.... But that was a lot more difficult than I was expecting. That and I had no idea what I was doing because what are instructions Forge World? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Newest member of the non-Primaris watch is ready. Now, I wonder where this Blackshield originated from?

gqu9d9I.jpg

The head and backpack are separate, I learned that lesson the first Start Collecting! Deathwatch I got :laugh.:

Still a WIP, I might use the other Captain Artemis body for this guy to give him a more running pose.

Edit: Nope, looks far better with Artemis' body:

WiPIyb4.jpg

YTiLwMB.jpg

zHF8f6n.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Newest member of the non-Primaris watch is ready. Now, I wonder where this Blackshield originated from?

gqu9d9I.jpg

The head and backpack are separate, I learned that lesson the first Start Collecting! Deathwatch I got :laugh.:

Still a WIP, I might use the other Captain Artemis body for this guy to give him a more running pose.

Edit: Nope, looks far better with Artemis' body:

WiPIyb4.jpg

YTiLwMB.jpg

zHF8f6n.jpg

This guy is awesome, ive been figuring out what to do with my artemis

Thanks!

How's he look now? :wink:

Meet Zaron Devsalax, Deathwatch Black Shield, Watch Company Primus, Watch Fortress Kagreshan (and totally not a loyalist Night Lord)

vyYeptm.jpg

5NAK1Ul.jpg

qz86AR6.jpg

7NkXjzv.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Thanks!

How's he look now? :wink:

Meet Zaron Devsalax, Deathwatch Black Shield, Watch Company Primus, Watch Fortress Kagreshan (and totally not a loyalist Night Lord)

vyYeptm.jpg

5NAK1Ul.jpg

qz86AR6.jpg

7NkXjzv.jpg

Wish my turnarounds were as quick as yours, hehe. nice 

What colours would you use for the purple glow?  Never tried it, myself.

I'm thinking Naggaroth Night or Screamer Pink for the base, then Druichii Violet wash, a layer of Xereus Purple/Genestealer Purple and drybrushes of Dechala Lilac and Lucius Lilac.

Edited by Gederas

Just got the Space Marine Adventures - Labyrinth of the Necron box game today, and I couldn't let these guys be unconverted. I'm keeping their loadouts so I can play the game easier, but they're all Deathwatch instead of 5 marines of different chapters.

Well, they're still 5 marines of different chapters, but not all different colours :lol:

Zlr64qf.jpg

MQ7eog1.jpg

uBMHiI1.jpg

aJ7EZCx.jpg

But good GOD the Imperial Fist does not photograph well with that bright yellow plastic :lol:

I've done work on two members of the True-scale Kill-Team based after people from my FLGS:

The Salamanders player:
0aUZXpJ.jpg

nxfGaRc.jpg

Need to do a bit of sculpting for the cloak to hide the chopped up parts and make it look like it's actually attached to his body. Which means I need to remove the arms from the model. :wallbash:

And myself (Emperor's Spear, just need the Shapeways order to come in):
AUDJAww.jpg

ioD7wuk.jpg

I am NOT doing something like that power spear again. Such a fiddly conversion.

Worth it though, it looks awesome! :smile.:

Thanks!

I'll be picking up some more black primer on Sunday (dropped my chaos black when I was shaking it and broke the nozzle....), so I'll potentially be getting some primer on the Salamander at least. His head is finished, as one can clearly see :laugh.:, but I need to paint his body. I'm also going to be getting a flask from my friend's Scions for him (the joke is the player of the Salamanders is very much into having a few [or more] beers during games).

Edited by Gederas

Some bad news:

Last night, I came home to see that my plastic glue destroyed a very important part of one of my Deathwatch models, and a slightly-less important part of another model.

The Plastic glue was in the box with some of my Deathwatch stuff, and apparently was knocked over somehow and leaked out plastic glue directly onto a pair of legs I was using to make a Sergeant, and the Deathwatch bike shield on Suberei's bike from Kill Team Cassius. It totally destroyed both, and fused them together. So now I need to get a new Kill Team Cassius. Joy.

However, I did see this on the NZ GW site:

99120101243_MarneusCalgar06.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAH! Calgar's shoulder pads are COMPLETELY SEPARATE from his body and not molded onto any part of his arms or back. My Deathwatch just got a sweet Ultramarines Aggressor Sergeant.

Oh no! That is bad news :sad.:

Maybe see if you can get the parts from a bits site?

I've checked a few. No luck. And those I found that had it, were a bit too much for me. Ah well. I'll probably just get another Kill Team Cassius (or the Deathwatch: Overkill from one of the GW stores near me) for parts, and make a mold of the bike piece.

Anyways, I did some work, and managed to get Brother Darren of the Guardians of the Covenant to a place where I like it. Went with the bolt-rifle being one-handed because why not?

Xi8SXgu.jpg

Plus, the Shapeways order should be in tomorrow, and the guy who I ordered it with will be getting it and bringing it to our FLGS on Tuesday, so that means I can do his shoulder pad on Tuesday or Wednesday.

=][= Records of Inquisitor Vittoria Insteia Luperca, Ordo Xenos =][=
Chapter of Origin: Guardians of the Covenant
Name: Darren
Aspects of Note
- Possesses an eidetic memory far beyond the average of Astartes. Near-perfect recollection of materials read or seen. [Very useful for combating a wide array of enemies as he can remember what is the most effective tactic to deal with current foe within milliseconds of encountering foes. This has saved the life of several Kill-Teams Darren has been a part of, either leading or as a normal Battle-Brother]
- Possesses a natural charisma, seems to be able to draw others to him [Force of personality useful in keeping Battle-Brothers of drastically differing Chapters working in synergy. Potential for use with Marines of chapters that have notable issues with each other?]
- Notably averse to discussing history before Deathwatch service [Dishonoured or perhaps shamed in some manner?]

2zEY92w.jpg

1jh0edY.jpg

gSAawZm.jpg

RGknmKI.jpg

And that's Watch Sergeant Darren of the Guardians of the Covenant done.

Edited by Gederas