Watchers of Death =][= Gederas' Deathwatch

Gederas

Excellent finish!  The pose is well-done and it's great to see the mini go from build to paint in such a short time :smile.:

Thanks Vel! Brother Darren is just the first part of the True-Scale Kill-Team representing people from my FLGS (well, the person he's based on doesn't go, but that's because he's always busy on Warhammer Wednesday, and our FLGS is closed the two days he has off as well :laugh.:).

I've also got the other members in varying states of readiness for paint:

In7xuAR.jpg

From left to right: Iron Hands, Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Emperor's Spears (me) and Imperial Fists.

The Salamander is the next one to be painted, but he'll have to wait for AFTER I finish my "Facing the Unknown" Kill-Team.

Edited by Gederas

Double post, but I showed that line-up to my friends. I commented about thinking of adding more explosives onto the Ultramarine, to which he responded "Yes! All the nades"

So I put all the 'nades on him:
G5QdSop.jpg

kGDgENm.jpg

vksxXSg.jpg

oRhXTxa.jpg

Not counting the Frag Cannon or the backpack, the model has:
- The grenades from the Primaris grenade launcher (can be seen behind the shoulder in the first picture) [totalling five grenades]
- 1 Melta Bomb
- 4 Frag Grenades
- 4 Krak Grenades

For a total of 13 grenades/explosives.

Aaaaand I'm thinking of shaving off the Imperialis on his chest to make room for more grenades :lol:

I jokingly commented about adding one of the bombs from the Sector Imperialis Objectives to him, and his player again said "Oh god yes!"
99220199065_40kObjectiveMarkers02.jpg

I need to figure out how to get that thing onto the model. Otherwise, that bomb is too big :lol:

giphy.gif

This is a good meme.  I approve of this model :smile.:

Thanks! I need to do more work on fixing the air holes on the backpack before I prime the body and backpack. Despite it being a good first attempt, it's still looking like Failcast at this point :lol:

=][= Records of Inquisitor Vittoria Insteia Luperca, Ordo Xenos =][=
Rank: Kill-Marine (Presently. Was a Sergeant in home Chapter)
Chapter of Origin: Salamanders
Name: Shan'poe
Aspects of Note
- Boisterous and gregarious, the Battle-Brother cooperates well with other Astartes when in attached Kill-Teams. [Appears to cause levity in the squad?]

- Perhaps unsurprisingly, Shan'poe prefers closer-range combat. In particular, the battle-brother prefers using the Heavy Thunder Hammer designed for use by the Deathwatch. [salamanders preference for close-range battles appears to be endemic to the marines, not just Chapter's tactics.]

- Was introduced to Fenrisian Mead by Wolf Guard [FILE CORRUPTED] on mission [REDACTED]. Due to lack of Fenrisian Mead amongst most members of the Watch, the Battle-Brother seems to have picked up habit of sampling alcohols from locals when possible. [Hip-flask can be seen in third attached image, beneath Shan'poe's right arm.]

hXyTOoj.jpg

SHyZmfM.jpg

8My0Ykx.jpg

3v71u7p.jpg

r0jvBdM.jpg

Just finished assembling the newest member of the Watch:
hrvVSHn.jpg

L7Y3NkG.jpg

I have to say, the model went together pretty well, EXCEPT when I got to the right arm. It glues together at the elbow, and you HAVE to make sure it's glued right so it'll connect to a point on his cape. Instead of, you know, having the part on the cape be something it slots UNDER and not glues TO :down::facepalm::wallbash:

Well, that's technically the first Patrol of my Watch Fortress done.

From left to right: Ogun of the Salamanders, Gadriel of the Blood Angels, Sergeant Flavius Verecundius Macrinus of the Ultramarines, Zaron Devsalax of [REDACTED] (serving as a Watch Captain for this mission), Vilkas Blackhunter of the Space Wolves and Gerwald Thielemann of the Imperial Fists

cRYeDrh.jpg

kvJrtNW.jpg

fOP4Jjx.jpg

Need to do some tidying up in some spots, but otherwise, they're all done.

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captain Marez' shoulder pad arrived today thanks to Chaplain Dosjetka being AWESOME.

r3nNiGD.jpg

tHrI8jU.jpg

Which means I'll finally be able to finish him (sans varnish) this weekend. Most likely he'll be fully finished Sunday because I'll be home all day on Sunday, and I don't like painting before work, because I lose track of time while painting :lol:

• 1 month later...

=][= Records of Inquisitor Vittoria Insteia Luperca, Ordo Xenos =][=
Chapter of Origin: Imperial Fists
Name: Jan Krieger
Aspects of Note
- Unusually for an Imperial Fist, battle-brother Krieger is noted for a fiery and aggressive personality, compared to the more reserved battle-brothers [Perhaps Deathwatch service penance related to bellicose personality?]

- Incredibly skilled with plasma weaponry, with noted preference for such weapons. Bears a relic plasma pistol that was brought by Battle-Brother Krieger from Chapter of Origin. [Pistol appears to bear craft markings from Dark Angels chapter. Perhaps a gift from Dark Angels techmarine?]

- Noted to have an extreme distaste and hatred for the T'au. [Potential asset/hindrance on missions related to T'au, depending on mood]

f4KTKkC.jpg

gjyshqv.jpg

SZyIw9c.jpg

1AtrbKO.jpg

Beautiful works.

Thanks!

I realize my Deathwatch is, ironically despite having a simple colour-scheme, one of my most difficult and slow to do armies because of the painting. The highlighting is the difficult part because of the blue-black highlights. It took me roughly two to three hours to do that one model. The most time-intensive ones were Captain Marez, Darren and Zaron Devsalax because of the cloaks.

• 4 months later...

Thread's not dead, I've just been focused on my Dark Angels, and don't want to burn myself out by painting two black armies of Marines at the same time :lol:

I have done another member of the True-Scale Kill-Team based on people from my FLGS though:
9xVJQsN.jpg

JZ6EaXU.jpg

fbaSFwd.jpg

ZperXED.jpg

That makes the numbers eight strong so far, 7 Marines and the Captain.