Am I nuts to want to add a Baneblade

crazy_tuco

I've been having the craziest urge to add in a Baneblade as an auxiliary super heavy detachment for friendly games over 2500 pts. I like the idea of having a model in my force that the rest of my army worships. Has anyone done this? I know that the go-to for a lord of war is an IK, since there's way more synergy. But everyone's throwing in Knights these days and I'm getting tired of seeing them so often.

I picked one up as a centre-piece for my Guard. All I can say is magnets are your friend. It is the first model I am building with magnets and it's a great model to learn about them.

Swapping the hulls between the baneblade/hellhammer turret mount and the other hull doesn't actually need magnets. You glue a bit of sprue in a few places and the hulls just sit snuggly. I will suggest getting small rare earth magnets as I picked up fomr 10mm magnets from a local hardware store (bunnings) and had to grind them down with my dremmel to fit inside some of the barrels.

I'm 100% behind this. Had I the money, I'd have done it in March or April this year, definitely.

I had a vague notion of using the Galvanic Servo-hauler kits and spare bits from a Baneblade kit to make some 'sketch Ordinatus' vehicles too - e.g. a Magos' own attempt at mounting superheavy guns on bare-bones platforms. Count-as Baneblade sort of territory, y'know?

But yes, Baneblades and their ilk? 100% yes. Do it!

Yes! Once my main force is done I'm going to create a 'micro' Ordinatus (or two) using some Servohauler kits as a starting point. It'll use Baneblade rules and have a platoon of Astra for accompanying infantry support. True, it doesn't offer the absolutely best synergy with AdMech as other Super Heavies might, but it's no less appropriate from a fiction perspective.

Do it. Take an enginseer with repair reroll relic and +1W repair WT, as well as a few CPs for the double-repair strat. Watch as your opponent either kills it in one round, or it just reassembles faster than necrons, with up to 8W per round. Not tournament-grade cheese, but something unusual to have some fun. And go nuts with AdMech bitz - there's lots of space.

aimg_2474wqsm8.jpg

Do it. Take an enginseer with repair reroll relic and +1W repair WT, as well as a few CPs for the double-repair strat. Watch as your opponent either kills it in one round, or it just reassembles faster than necrons, with up to 8W per round. Not tournament-grade cheese, but something unusual to have some fun. And go nuts with AdMech bitz - there's lots of space.

aimg_2474wqsm8.jpg

Repairing something twice doesn't work. The rules for master of machines states a model can only be repaired once per turn.

aimg_2474wqsm8.jpg

Repairing something twice doesn't work. The rules for master of machines states a model can only be repaired once per turn.

Aye, but the Tech Adept strat specifically states you when you repair a second time, you can use it on the same unit.

One of the guys in my regular group runs Knights, usually two larger non-castellans and the fills out the rest of his points with up to six armigers. How durable is the Baneblade against something like a pair of full knights? I was honestly sad to see that a Baneblade is not eligible for the regimental doctrines as I was eyeing that Valhallan one that doubles remaining wounds for purposes of the damage chart.

of you want, try and get a FW trojan to go with a baneblade or shadow sword. it's a dedicated transport, and  allows one vehicle within 6 inches to re-roll to hit rolls. pop that on a stormblade or macharius vulcan and let the dakka fly!

Archived