Chaos Havocs Aspiring Champion (PA) Combi-bolter

Paulochromis

Want to equip a couple of Havoc Aspiring Champions with Combi-bolters.

They are hanging back, and it gives them a slightly better RoF than a simple bolter, for a reasonable price.

Problem is what "bit" to use. The Chaos terminators box has some combi-weapons, but that's about it.

I might have some spare Angelus boltguns (from the Sanguinary Guard box), but not convinced they visually convey double shot.

And not particularly keen on wrist-mount (so Grey Knight also unappealing).

Could try to chaos-ify some loyalist stormbolters, what's the best source?

Looking for any constructive ideas!

(Not above going 3rd party)

Cheers, Paul.

Model them with a bolter in each hand.

Convert pintle mount combibolters from the vehicle kits.

Use stormbolters, but mount the vehicle kit gargoyle muzzle brakes to Chaosify them.

I vote for Bolter in each hand!

I bought a set of combi-weapons from eBay that look remarkably like the forgeworld MK3 and MK4 combi-weapons. They were cheap, the resin seems better than most I've worked with in the past, and they look the part for chaos marines fighting the long war.

Points change even within the edition. That's not exactly the point tho. They are too expensive for the Sergeant because he's not going to actively use those weapons at their optimal range. He'll stand way back with his Havoc buddies and only pling away with his Bolter because he has nothing better to do. Why take a combi weapon at all then? Because the combi-bolter costs basically nothing. Combi-plasma etc. will always cost a lot more just because of the plasma part.

Use stormbolters, but mount the vehicle kit gargoyle muzzle brakes to Chaosify them.

I think those would sell like hot cakes. Now where do I get the muzzle brakes? Oh right the chaos predator/land raider is GW only.

Archived