My Foray into Harlequins

Gemini

So, it's perhaps an unpopular position but I honestly believe that Non-Primaris (NP) Space Marines are on a leash and being lead out to a tree to be tied up and shot. That day may be a long ways away but seeing the number of new NP Space Marine offerings since 8th dropped and the last straw being ONE NP Space Marine in the Kill Teams Commander book (for Deathwatch) I'm getting out while there's still some value. 

Enter The Harlequins. The first time I saw 40k was in 1990 and it was the Marines vs. Harlequins boxed set. I stayed up all night painting those models. I've also planned, purchased and painted a Harlies army for my daughter. I actually LIKE the limited number of unit and weapons options they have. It's just a lot less record keeping in my head. I also am a fan that hers is the only Harlequin army I've ever seen at my FLGS. They are also fully supported in Kill Team. Stack those points with the fact that we will both play them in our home games it's that much more rules memory reinforcement. 

So to Planning:

Here's my initial shopping list. Not that I'll be buying all of this at once, but what I'm looking to need for the whole army.

1x Solitaire

3x Shadowseers

3x Troupe Masters (out of Troupes box)

2x Death Jesters

4x Troupes 

4x Starweavers

8x Skyweaver bikes

1 Voidweaver

Bonus: Skathach Wraithknight with Deathshroud Cannons (eventually)

Thoughts?

I can't really comment on how well the Harlequins play in WH40K, but if you play Kill Team, you might use that as a launching point for a larger WH40K army. A single troupe provides a good foundation, to which you can add additional troupe members (fleshing out a command roster) and the characters (Kill Team: Commander) as you progress. It will also give you a basic feel for how the army plays, despite the minor differences between KT and WH40K.

What masque do you plan on using? Regardless of how well they play, the overall appearance of a Harlequin army and the pizzazz it brings to the tabletop is one of the big draws for me.

I'll be using 'Soaring Spite' doing the usual Fusion Pistol Drive-By's. 

I've played a couple of games using my daughters models and they do OK in 40k and GREAT in Kill Team. 

40K will probably get better as I get used to the army. 

Thank You!

Archived