Speculation on Fact 244/500

NTaW

Cryptic, eh? In the recent 500 Facts for 500 Stores article on Warhammer Community I noticed a fun little tidbit regarding the C'tan. Fact #244:

While most of the C’tan are mere shadows of their former selves, it is rumoured that some are waiting in exile for their moment to strike…

I for one think it would be very cool to see the C'Tan show up as a Imperial Knight-type faction of massive models wielding crazy powers instead of having typical weapons. It could lead to a physical return of the Silent King in opposition, you could even have Necron armies 're-enslaved' to the C'Tan's will represented by Codes being replaced with a rule based off the type/personality of the C'Tan used with them. I don't know if it would ever happen but it would be pretty cool I think! Anyone have thoughts to share on the topic?

The outsider is locked inside a Dyson sphere, and the Harlequins speak of the day he will return...

As for a massive C’Tan super heavy, the Transcendant C’tan and the T-Vault used to be like that, with massive D-weapon generation and other crazy abilities, from what I remember of the old Apocalypse book. Rather annoyed they nerfed the T-C’tan this bad, but it’s still respectable and contained within one book at least. I think an Outsider or Void Dragon model is the most likely candidate we have for a massive C’Tan model.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one interested in something like this! I support the Tesseract Vault as an option (it's one of the coolest things Necrons have going for them) but that is a mere shard of a C'Tan. Imagine what a real intact one would/could do! It would be borderline game-breaking; akin maybe to the Emperor being involved on the tabletop. At some point the models currently for the Deceiver and Nightbringer will be redone, that would be prime time for a shakeup. GW has been positioning the Necrons in the grand story more and more prominently and we've seen major advances in the timeline over the last few years. 

One can only hope!

I wish they'd make a plastic multi option Ctan kit that was like the carnifex - lots of options, each one slightly changing the rules. They could have Deceiver and Nightbringer as specific load outs in the kit. I'd buy TONS of those.

Archived